LINUX ADMINISTRATOR with NATO in ITALY
LOCATION: La Spezia, Italy
DURATION: 1 year with possible extensions.
SALARY: Negotiable daily rate
WORK HOURS: Regular working hours, some weekends
CLEARANCE: NATO SECRET
SCOPE OF WORK:
The position is for a skilled Linux administrator to perform activities related to daily operations and monitoring of Linux infrastructure. You will be responsible for maintenance of Linux environment at the Centre, effectively troubleshoot potential issues, troubleshoot issues on Centrify server and deploy patches via Puppet CM tool.
- Perform daily activities of configuration and operation of systems which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server-based;
- Perform the optimizing of system operation and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning;
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using business systems;
- Install and configure Linux Server;
- Evaluate and administer quarterly as required patches and maintain responsibility for patch management for servers and workstations;
- Administer central authentication system for Win/Linux infrastructure;
- Perform configuration management activities and SW deployment for all infrastructure;
- Maintain responsibility for troubleshooting system issues as 2nd level helpdesk support
- Keep Linux server documentation up-to-date
- Proven at least 5 years of experience as Linux administrator or similar position;
- Expert knowledge in RHEL servers; experienced in design, deploying and maintaining Linux based infrastructure;
- Working experience with administration of: LDAP, SELx, Repos, Bash, IPA authentication;
- Working experience with Centrify authentication server;
- Working experience with Puppet configuration management and SW deployment tool;
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
- Apply OS and security patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary;
- Communicating project status, defining, documenting, and maintaining processes and procedures.
- NATO SECRET or SC Clearance MANDATORY
- Certifications as a benefit: RHCE or higher;
- Ability to gather information from monitoring tools and analyze problems and application performance issues;
- Extensive experience working with SolarWinds monitoring tools;
- Extensive experience working with VMware virtualization infrastructure;
- Good knowledge of EMC VNX storage systems and Avamar SW;
- Have the ability to work independently in all phases of systems analysis activities and implementation;
- Effective prioritization and time management.