Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader - Bromley - Up to £45,000
About the role
Capita, the UKs leading Business process Outsourcer have an opportunity for a technical, hands-on Team Leader to manage the Infrastructure Team which is responsible for supporting over 1400 PCs, 150 servers including a large Citrix environment.
It's an exciting time to join Capita. We are committed to accelerate and enhance our focus on emerging technologies to ensure our clients benefit from leading digital solutions, artificial intelligence, robotics, open data and Internet of Things. As a leading provider of IT and professional Services to some of the leading companies in the UK this is an opportunity for you to progress your career and build knowledge in a leading and forward thinking organisation.
The role is ideal for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with mentoring / supervisory experience and very strong technical ability looking for their next step into a team management role.
The role is full time and based in Bromley. There is also the potential for overtime.
About Capita | Local Government Services
Capita's roots are in local government and, over the last three decades, we've evolved and changed alongside the changing needs of the sector.
We have many close, long-standing relationships with local councils, supporting them in the challenges they face by delivering a variety of services - ranging from specific software tools to significant joint working on achieving tangible external outcomes. Although many people think of us as an outsourcing business, our services go well beyond that - for example we are one of the largest UK providers of professional services to property and infrastructure, a capability that is becoming very relevant given renewed focus on economic growth and regeneration. We know that technology can help transform public services and to do that requires investment and innovation - and we're working with colleagues in the sector to develop new approaches that are deeply grounded in front-line practice.
What will you do:
- Leading in the design, deployment and maintenance of the Desktop and Server infrastructure
- Providing Citrix infrastructure support (currently XenApp 6.5)
- Building, configuring and deploying of PC, laptop and server images
- Supporting local government applications
- Supporting of Windows servers (currently including Windows 2012 & 2008)
- Deploying and supporting Hyper-V and VMWare Virtualisation environments
- Using Group and external policies and other tools for managing and securing PC and Servers
- Liaising with suppliers and third party support providers
- Managing work through change controls
- Undertaking project work as required
- Providing leadership to the Desktop and Infrastructure team
- Providing technical guidance to the team and the wider organisation
- Ensuring the team respond to calls logged on the Helpdesk within target
- Acting as an escalation point for Desktop & Infrastructure support engineers on technical issues
- Conforming at all times to all established processes, best practices and performance standards.
- Completing staff reviews, development plans, team meetings and appraisals
Your experience will include:
- Knowledge and Experience in supporting Windows 2012/2008 Server
- Knowledge and Experience in installing and supporting virtualisation technologies
- Knowledge and Experience in installing and supporting Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Basic technical understanding of networking
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.