Software Developer (Agile)
To support the business by developing forensic solutions for law enforcement as part of a scrum team. Initially, primarily focused on development of existing desktop solutions but with opportunities for future web solutions development as we intend to migrate our main product to be a more web based solution. The candidate will be expected to communicate well and work well as part of a team.
The candidate will have experience working in software teams and understand what is required to produce high quality software. The candidate will be expected to contribute new ideas to the team to help improve software development processes and technologies used. The candidate will have a good understanding of agile software development.
The candidate will have experience taking a key role in designing and developing software in previous positions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (Role Requirement)
- Active, positive contribution the collaborative end-to-end development process
- Focus on production of maintainable, solid code
- Focus on quality including ensuring adequate testing is performed
- Performing research tasks and feeding ideas back into the team
- Undertaking such training, both in-house and external, as is necessary to obtain and maintain the skills level and qualifications commensurate with the post
- Completing all tasks to the required standards and in accordance with the Operating Procedures of the company
This job description is intended only as a guide to the main responsibilities of the post and is not intended to restrict the scope of the post holder to perform other duties. Additional responsibilities for the post holder may be agreed on an individual basis and recorded as part of the annual performance review requirement.
PERSON SPECIFICATION AND JOB INFORMATION
- Proficiency in C# or similar
- Working knowledge of SQL
- 1 year of commercial experience
- Good S/W development skills coupled with strong relevant enthusiasm and keen desire to learn and progress is more important than academic achievements.
- Understanding of agile software development practices
- Able to think logically and work in a structured way
- Awareness of IT security issues
- Awareness of need for quality standards in approach to work
- Good spoken and written English is essential
- Willingness to undergo Security Clearance (requires 5 years UK residency)
- Personable, team player and independent thinker
- Able to work under own initiative
Desirable technical experience:
- Unit testing (e.g. NUnit/GoogleTest)
- Mocking (e.g. Moq/GoogleMock)
- Pair programming
- Design patterns (e.g. Dependency injection, MVC, MVP, MVVM etc)
- ORMs (e.g. NHibernate, Entity Framework)
- General education
- Relevant degree, NVQ/HNC/HND or similar would be advantageous
- Industry specific qualifications
- Clean driving licence would be beneficial but not essential
- Personal and employment references, where relevant, will be taken
- Other courses as may be identified as appropriate to the role.
Hours of work:
Normally office hours (9 to 5.30 with an hour for lunch) but flexible when necessary to meet clients reasonable requirements
Apply for Software Developer (Agile)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent SC Cyber Security jobs in Milton Keynes
- £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent SC Digital Forensics jobs in Milton Keynes
- £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent SC Information Technology jobs in Milton Keynes
- £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent SC Intelligence jobs in Milton Keynes
- £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent SC Policing jobs in Milton Keynes