In Service Support Enterprise DBA
Req ID: 93048BR
Location: Feltham, London, UK
Raytheon UK is looking for a dynamic, experienced and high performing experienced Data Base Administrator (DBA) to work within the Enterprise Service Management Team. Raytheon along with other similar successful high performing organisations is executing highly collaborative and complex programmes and delivering specialist services. These services require collaborative working and strong leadership to resolve issues by working jointly with the customer across multiple sites and business areas.
Reporting to the In Service Support Enterprise Technical Lead the role will have responsibility for providing Enterprise operational database support and maintenance services to a complex range of imagery and geospatial system capabilities in a high availability operational environment and will involve regular travel in support of an Enterprise solution across multiple sites. This role is within the live support team and primarily covers the maintenance of Oracle System, MSSQL databases in a predominantly windows environment across a multisite enterprise solution and involvement\support where these databases interact or provide services to the wider software solution.
The Enterprise DBA will need a thorough understanding of Oracle databases and to a lesser extent MSSQL and other database products. Highly advantageous would be any experience with Geo-spatial products such as ArcGIS, Arc Server and Arc SDE environments. This is an extremely complex and challenging role that will be highly rewarding, with extensive communication and interfacing requirements with multiple providers, agencies and Customer organisations. The work location will primarily be based at Feltham, but will require regular visits to other Raytheon UK and Customer sites.
- 2 nd \3 rd Line support for Oracle databases in an ITILv3 led support environment.
- Developing plans and procedures for database transitions and database builds
- Maintaining the data model
- Updating logical and physical data models and data dictionaries
- Maintaining the Data Definition Language
- Maintaining integrity of the system databases
- Monitoring, analysing and correcting database errors
- Identification of data item discrepancies
- Technical problem investigation, data collection and problem resolution
- Defect investigation and Resolution
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of Oracle databases
- Oracle installation & configuration
- Planning and implementation of upgrades via Release & Deployment
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise-level geospatial databases
- Provide technical support to delivery\engineering teams
- Experience of an ITILv3 support enterprise environment.
- Oracle DBA (11g) experience in an Operational Support environment (2 years min)
- Knowledge of Systems Integration, Development and Test
- Good understanding of IT architectures for a security clamped environment.
- Good understanding of Software/Systems engineering principles
- Able to carry out duties with minimal supervision
- Operates under own initiate
- Current DV security clearance or the ability to gain
- ITILv3 qualified
- Experience of operating in a VMWare environment
- Familiarity with MoD service and civilian personnel
- Degree in IT or Engineering discipline
- Good understanding of IT architectures for a classified environment
- ClearCase and ClearQuest experience.
- Self Motivation
- Good personnel management skills
- Team player, discrete and diplomatic in dealing with customer and subcontractors
- Able to work under pressure and to timescales
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to provide clear recommendations on the most effective course of action
- Able to communicate in verbal, written and presentational forms
- Strong organisers who can maintain focus on assigned tasking to completion
- Good attention to detail
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, national security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems at it's facilities in the UK.
Raytheon Company, with 2013 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defence, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 92 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.co.uk and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.co.uk
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Car Allowance
- On-Call Allowance (When On-Call)
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.