Project Support Assistant
Project Support Assistant
We are currently looking for a Project Support person to work in our Carlisle office within the Design Team. The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to a group of Project Managers working on a variety of engineering and environmental projects. The role will involve off site meetings where overnight stays may be required, as such the role requires a degree of flexibility in working hours.
This role will be based in our offices in Carlisle. However, travelling may be required to other Capita offices or Client offices.
Your key responsibilities could include but will not be limited to:
- Administrative support such as arranging project meetings, taking and disseminating minutes and monitoring progress of actions
- Assisting in preparing, updating and checking of other project documentation including setting up and maintaining project files
- Administering or assisting with the Quality Review Process
- Assisting in preparing and updating project financial reports, including invoicing
- Preparing, collating and publishing project documents and reports
- Document control - including controlling and documenting the issue and receipt of all project products
- Supporting business development activities
- Supporting senior management as and when required
The candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Administrative support experience
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc.) and SAP
- Good communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible work approach
- Ability to be proactive and innovative in approach
The candidate should ideally also possess the following qualities:
- Awareness and/or understanding of engineering design and environmental projects
- Ability in Microsoft Project software
- Full driving licence.
Capita Competencies for this role:
- Team Working - co-operating with and respecting colleagues to exceed the sum of individual efforts
- Customer Service - creating the best possible experience for Capita clients and their customers
- Communication - the ability to listen, express and articulate information effectively
- Performance Management - delivery of business objectives through effective setting of personal and team goals
- Results Focused - getting the job done in an efficient way through effective time, task and financial management
- Commercial Awareness - contribution to the business through awareness of Group services, the business unit's purpose and its market place, and identification of new opportunities
- Innovation & Continuous Improvement - suggests ideas to improve process, customer service, quality and safety
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
- Lead by example
- Be open and honest
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic
- Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done
- Focus on solutions rather than problems.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Annual leave - negotiable, but typically 23 days
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita; including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications
- Access to many Capita Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.