Programme Manager - Mechanical Environment
This is an exciting opportunity to join a programme split between the US and the UK, working alongside a number of large and small contractors in a mechanical environment for the MoD.
Programme Manager (Mechanical) - Permanent - Wiltshire - £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
My client is looking for an experienced Programme/Project Manager to manage the work scope and budgets allocated to the UK, authorising this work, authorising procurement activity, providing metrics, analysis and reports to support UK and US management reviews including support to rolling wave planning, critical path analysis, variance analysis reports, ETC and EAC updates, control account management and supporting customer meetings.
The programme has a multifunctional team split between the US and UK.
The PM reporting to the US PM will have responsibility for all work scope performed in the UK in particular trainer hardware development, management of change flowed down from the prime contract, hardware integration and test activities, management of sub-contractors throughout the manufacturing phase of the programme and management of risk. to manage the work scope and budgets allocated to the UK, authorising this work, authorising procurement activity, providing metrics, analysis and reports to support UK and US management reviews including support to rolling wave planning, critical path analysis, variance analysis reports, ETC and EAC updates, control account management and supporting customer meetings.
The PM is also responsible for future growth of the programme and will work closely with Business Development to identify paths and opportunities for increasing scope. Much of this will come from the close proximity and strong relationship with the customer but also from knowledge of wider programmes that may be applicable and allow growth into adjacent markets and white space.
- Accredited in Prince 2 Methodology or other recognised Project Management methodology
- Demonstrable ability to manage complex development projects
- Demonstrable ability to communicate and manage multiple stakeholders at various levels and utilizing an array of communications media
- Proficient in Project/Programme planning using Gant charts and commonly available electronic tools such as MS Project or Similar
- Demonstrable ability to manage programme budgets and Earned Value monitoring and reportin
- Understands and has experience in the principles of software/hardware development in an Agile and Waterfall environment
- Understands and has experience of SPRINT concepts and management
- Understands and proficient in large company policies and operating processes for Programme Management
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.