Permanent - £29,370 + Benefits
We are looking to recruit a Material Planner for one of two new exciting permanent positions working for the UK's leading engineering support services provider, based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth.
The organisation is a FTSE100 engineering support services business and this role is working as part of their Marine Technology division. The division delivers a wide range of through-life engineering services to commercial and defence markets in the UK and overseas.
The materials planner is in charge of planning, controlling and managing the project material requirements to ensure availability meets operational demands. These are ongoing maintenance and repair projects and the role is tasked with providing material and inventory analysis on a unit by unit basis, controlling and optimising opportunities. Tasks include
- Optimal planning of project material for scheduled and ad hoc works
- Managing the project material through Babcock's ERP systems
- Monitoring the on-condition material requirements through the project life cycle to ensure availability but avoid excessive inventory
- Converting demand requisitions to material requisitions in a timely manner
- Expediting project materials in a timely manner to ensure on-time execution
- Attending project meetings to ensure clear lines of communication on availability and planning issues
- Reviewing Inventory levels with a view to taking any corrective action where identified
- Liaising with cross functional departments to ensure effective material planning execution
- Experience in material planning and inventory control techniques, ideally within an engineering, construction or manufacturing environment
- Experience in use of MPS and MRP systems
- Understanding of manufacturing in highly pressurised environments
- MCIPS (desirable)
- Positive "can do" attitude
- Analytical thinking
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills
- Familiar with Microsoft office applications
- Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.
What's on Offer?
This position is within the Central business unit as a grade 3 which has a salary of £29,370 with DRDL Terms and Conditions.
The organisation offers the supportive environment you would expect from a FTSE 100 employer including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours, career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams.