Network Engineer (SC)
Network Support Engineer (SC) - Contract - Renfrewshire - £competitive
Synergize Consulting are now hiring for a Network Engineer to work at a leading global client based in Renfrewshire on a contract basis.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a large and dynamic networks team, ensuring systems are running at optimal level and network issues are resolved as efficiently as possible.
- From a technical perspective, will work with various LAN technologies within large enterprise network environments
- Products which you will be able to get experience with are mainly HP, Cisco (Routers, Switches and wireless controllers); Riverbed WAN accelerators, Aruba wireless, Software Defined Networks, F5 BigIP Load Balancers and many other cutting edge technologies.
- Involved in creating network/LAN solutions, high and low level designs, migrations or new device implementations.
- Analyse and solve complex problems involving multiple support teams, Identify root cause of issues and make appropriate recommendation to avoid future failure.
- Pro-actively investigate and advise on network design improvements across the range of customer services.
- Ideally a strong Networking background, with engineering skills and some design or integration experience with LAN infrastructure
- Knowledge of Cisco or HP Routers and Switches technologies
- Knowledge in at least one more technology (Load balancers, Proxy Servers, wireless, voice etc.)
- Previous background within a defence or central government client would be highly desirable
- Due to the nature of the client, it would be an advantage for candidates to hold, or be eligible and willing to undergo, a certain level of security clearance (SC).
If you are looking to take the next exciting step in your IT career, please send in your CV for immediate consideration.