Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Bournemouth Hurn Airport
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Head of Finance to work for a large engineering and support services provider based in Bournemouth. The role will transfer to Portsmouth later this year.
The organisation is at FTSE100 business; the UK's leading provider of engineering support to the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and the Armed forces. You'll be working as part of the organisation's Defence and Security division to support and accurately report on the financial performance of specific defence contracts.
- Responsible for the delivery of monthly income statements, balance sheets reconciliations, working capital and cash management
- Preparation and presentation of relevant contract financial results and forecasts; including monthly reporting packs, strategic plan financial, budgets and forecasts
- Responsibility for the preparation of monthly income statements, order book, cash and working capital variance analysis and commentary for relevant contracts whilst ensuring a timely review process is undertaken with the Finance Director
- Ensure that all relevant contracts, management reporting information is delivered accurately in an appropriate format and in a timely manner to Business Unit management team and to the Division
- Presentation of financial information for management accounts, forecasts, budgets, strategic plan etc.
- Lead finance support to bid activity through provision of financial modelling capability and engagement in contractual & commercial issues
- Play an active role supporting the Operations director and senior management team in strategy, business development and customer interface responsibilities
- To oversee the management of detailed financial models for each relevant contract, updating for budget & forecast processes, including balance sheet assumptions, and ensuring the financial integrity of these models
- To provide financial overview and challenge into the month end process for each relevant contract, ensuring the accuracy of P&L inputs and balance sheet entries as appropriate
- To provide detailed variance analysis for contract movements, including variances against budget, forecast and monthly fluctuations, driving and owning the financial performance within relevant contracts
- To support bids and rebids where appropriate, and assume responsibility for integrity of financial data used in bid models and submissions (at all stages of the bid process), ensuring compliance with Group bid policies at all times
What's on Offer?
- Full time permanent position
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- A host of flexible benefits.
- Career opportunities with a FTSE100 business
If you are interested in this position please apply below or call Francesca Robinson on 01179309771 to discuss further.