Senior Network Engineer
Role: Senior Network Engineer
Location: South West
Our client, an internationally-recognised market leader in Security and Defence, are looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to join a highly talented team. The right candidate will need to have a great blend of both technical ability as well as relationship building skills; in order to provide support to the SOC and for communicating with customers/vendors, respectively.
The SOC service, provided by our client, is working at the forefront of cyber security and utilises Advanced SIEM and network IDS solutions. In delivering the highest standard of services, our client requires a talented professional to join an already impressive team who pride themselves in designing, delivering and maintaining this world class offering.
- SIEM and Network Maintenance, Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Technical design, delivery and implementation of the client’s services to new and existing customers
- Development of new service offerings.
- Work independently and proactively to solve complex problems within the environment
- Building relationships with support teams, customers and with the key technology vendors
- Knowledge of SIEM engineering and solutions including on-boarding of log sources.
- Excellent network fault troubleshooting
- Network protocols understanding including (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SSL) their function and use case
- Practical & theoretical network knowledge of SIEM and Networking
- Strong knowledge of next-gen devices (NGIPS, NGFW, Router, Multilayer Switch, etc.) and OSI 7 layer model
- Experience with Network Topology Diagrams and exposure to Enterprise Network Topologies
- Experience with IT security technology and tools including IDS/IPS platforms, host agent applications and their use cases
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work with both customers and vendors to resolve problems under pressure
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift and a reactions need to be quick
- Understanding of copper and fibre tap or packet broker technology
- Experience in system administration within both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience working within a Managed Security Service Provider or similar environment
- Firewall experience (Palo Alto etc.)
- Security qualifications from recognised organisations (SANS etc.)
- Experience and exposure to security architecture design
Candidates must hold valid UK Security Clearance or be able to attain the level of Clearance specified.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to roles@CNDLtd.com.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.