My client who are one of the UK's leading telecommunications companies is looking for a Transmission Planner to join their team on an initial 3 month contract based in London.
- Responsible for designing, developing and optimising a cost-efficient high-performance Microwave based transmission network to support 2G, 3G and 4G technologies.
- Participate in the technical approval of new and re-engineered Sites.
- Tasks also include occasional site surveys and line-of-sight survey analysis using horizon to horizon and LIDAR produced reports.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Microwave planning or design experience with a major vendor or operator.
- Excellent analytical Good understanding of Microwave and Fibre internetworking.
- Working knowledge of telecommunication standards (SDH, PDH, ATM) with a basic knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite and internetworking.
- Experience of geographical information systems (GIS) and other computer-aided-design tools and problem solving skills
- MS Office (EXCEL Mandatory experience)
- Telecommunication and GSM/UMTS network knowledge
If this role is of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.
Apply for Transmission Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly