My client who are one of the UK's leading telecommunications companies is looking for a Transmission Planner to join their team on an initial 3 month contract based in London.
- Responsible for designing, developing and optimising a cost-efficient high-performance Microwave based transmission network to support 2G, 3G and 4G technologies.
- Participate in the technical approval of new and re-engineered Sites.
- Tasks also include occasional site surveys and line-of-sight survey analysis using horizon to horizon and LIDAR produced reports.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Microwave planning or design experience with a major vendor or operator.
- Excellent analytical Good understanding of Microwave and Fibre internetworking.
- Working knowledge of telecommunication standards (SDH, PDH, ATM) with a basic knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite and internetworking.
- Experience of geographical information systems (GIS) and other computer-aided-design tools and problem solving skills
- MS Office (EXCEL Mandatory experience)
- Telecommunication and GSM/UMTS network knowledge
If this role is of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.