Systems Engineer - IT
Systems Engineer - Permanent - Bristol - £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Stakeholder management to understand and interpret user aspirations, needs and requirements and maintain relationships.
- Developing solutions to complex problems using SE Principles, Skills and Practice to achieve the necessary balance of performance, cost, time and risk.
- Communicating complex concepts and solutions in a compelling and straightforward way, yet underpinned by a strong grasp of the detail
- Influencing stakeholders and non-technical team members
- Supporting the marketing and selling of advisory and implementation Systems Engineering services programmes
- Plan and implement chosen solutions.
- A potential for Line Management of other team members
- Interact with industry to understand the current state of the art and emerging technologies which can satisfy the user requirement.
- We are seeking Systems Engineering Consultants for the Defence Sector. The role will involve direct liaison with clients and you will be required to apply systems engineering principles, skills and practices.
- The role provides the individual with significant development opportunities that arise through working in a growth area in an expanding team. Additionally there will be a need to support business development activities.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Degree qualified in an Engineering/Mathematical, Software or Scientific Discipline or have equivalent experience. A relevant higher degree and/or professional qualification, e.g. CEng, would be an advantage.
- Experience of military systems, equipment and technologies.
- Experience of the application of Systems or Software Engineering principles, skills and practices (in accordance with recognised frameworks and standards e.g. ISO 15288:2008).
- A good understanding of the principles, guidelines and methods used in the specification and acquisition of military capability, systems and services.
- Track record of effective liaison with clients and their stakeholders.
- Experience of interpreting client's requirements and capability needs. Able to collect, assess and interpret client information in order to provide consultancy advice as appropriate, using data from previous projects, industry, internal experts and published sources.
- Familiarity and confidence in using Systems Engineering tools and techniques to capture, engineering and manage requirements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including excellent presentation and report-writing skills.
- Ability to influence and communicate with all levels of stakeholder
- Flexible approach to work, able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Experience of Systems Engineering modelling languages such as UML, SysML, MoDAF and tools such as MooD, Enterprise Architect
- Experience in a relevant consultancy environment, with a proven ability to act as a technical team member.
- An understanding of whole life costs.
- Experience of DOORS requirement management tool, including DXL programming.
- Experience of the MS Office toolset, including Visio and Project
- Experience of leading or contributing to bids and tender
- Additionally, we are also looking for people with the experience and skills in developing business relationships at all levels
You will be required to hold the highest level of clearance security clearance. If you do not hold an active clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.
Job Role: Systems Engineer
Salary/Rate: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: Highest Level of Clearance