Procurement Specialist (FM)
Procurement Specialist (FM, Construction)
Up to £40,000
We are looking to recruit an Procurement Specialist to work for a FTSE100 engineering support services organisation from their regional headquarters based in Chatham, Kent.
The organisation is the UKs leading provider of support services to the MoD and the Armed Forces and part of the work they do from the site in Chatham, (Brompton Barracks) is to provide training services to the Royal School of Military Engineering (RSME).
The purpose of the role is to provide front line procurement support to the Land training contracts across the full range of procurement activity from sourcing strategy development through to contract/supplier management. Principal category areas include construction procurement, hard and soft FM and training services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake sourcing activities (supply market analysis, supplier evaluation, tendering, contract drafting and supplier management) as directed by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Work with Group Category Management teams to ensure maximum leverage from existing supply chain relationships and delivery of best value supply chain solutions
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions for all types of goods and services and draft contractual clauses, framework and service level agreements where appropriate.
- Manage the supplier due diligence evaluation process through to final sign off and supplier on boarding.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the RSME contract for all procurement and supply chain matters presenting a credible and professional front to key business stakeholders.
- Negotiate keen competitive prices often against demanding savings targets and sole source suppliers.
- Monitor supplier performance with a particular focus on regular reviews, KPI measurement and QHSE reporting.
- Manage the transition to SAP for local stakeholders to minimise the impact of the change.
- Support effective contract change governance for key secondary subcontracts and provide initial interface with the Commercial team.
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- Preferably CIPS qualified or studying towards the award.
- Knowledge and current experience of commercial and procurement processes.
- Knowledge of construction or FM procurement essential and knowledge of associated standard forms of contracts (NEC3)
- Experience of drafting Contracts and service level agreements including contract variations essential
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good influencing and negotiation skills.
- High energy and strong drive to succeed
- Strong sense of integrity and commitment
- Proficient in the use and application of the MS Office suite essential.
- Knowledge and use of SAP would be an advantage.
- Current driving license essential
The organisation offers the supportive environment you would expect from a FTSE 100 employer including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, starting salary up to £40,000, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours and ongoing career development opportunities.