Electrical Cable Designer
Electrical Cable Designer :
World class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit 2x Electrical Cable Designers.
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after).
Competitive hourly rates are being offered by the department.
Electrical Cable Designer Job Description:
• Definition of bespoke cable designs for power, signal & data transmission.
• Interpretation of Sub-System requirements and generation of electrical schematics & cable design definitions on CAD - Harnware preferred (being Harnware training is not a pre-requisite and can be undertaken during the course of the contract).
• Carry out investigations into a full range of cable problems, issues or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
• Support/liaise with manufacturing, resolving manufacturing problems & defects.
• Support to functional & environmental trials.
• Liaise with suppliers/ purchasing to resolve any technical queries that may arise. Planning own day-to-day activities.
• Experience in specification, design & manufacture of electrical cables/Harnesses.
• Knowledge of several of the following: harness design, manufacturing processes, EMC protection, Mil-Circular and rectangular connectors and EMC gaskets to BS & military specifications, specification & design of fibre optic harnesses, safe separation of power and data transmission, design of cable/harnesses for data bus systems, aircraft store interconnection.
• Previous practical manufacturing experience and an appreciation of other engineering areas/domains would be an advantage to prove concept designs via hands on prototyping.
• The ideal candidate would have a demonstrable background in the design of military, environmentally sealed cable harnesses or be a time served prototype wire-person who has diverged into interconnects design.