UX Designer - Newport
UX Designer | Analytical | Business Management and Improvement | Customer Insight | Digital | Information Technology | Knowledge and Information Management
£28,450 - £33,249
The Digital Transformation team research, design and build services in-house, using a small multi-disciplinary team in an agile working environment. The current focus of the team is the public facing collection and dissemination.
The main responsibilities of post are:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design user focussed and intuitive software
- Take responsibility for translating and driving through findings from users into design concepts, prototypes and production assets
- Work closely with development teams to ensure design is implemented faithfully and with due intent
- Work autonomously as required to take responsibility for proactively identifying and resolving any issues arising
- Deliver designs that meet web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset
- Contributing to the development and continual enhancement of the product
- Facilitating User Research (including observing and providing recommendations) and subsequently iterating design based on research outcomes
- Proficient in designing interactions professionally for the web, mobile and/or native platforms
- Design Patterns and applications - Proficient in identifying and recommending appropriate design patterns based on existing models
- Proficient in sketching/concepting, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping.
- Is a practitioner in working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and is able to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team.
- Proficient in understanding the emerging UX landscape and of understanding implications for own design work
User centred design
- Is a practitioner in working in a user centred design environment, conducting usability studies either directly or alongside user researchers
Data informed design
- Is Proficient in using data to inform design decisions various mechanism including A/B or multivariate testing
If you think you could be a good fit please send your CV over for immediate assessment.