Lead Architect (ServiceNow)
LEAD ARCHITECT, SERVICENOW, AGILE, DEVOPS, ITSM TOOLSET, AGILE SDLC DELIVERY, ISO 20000, ITIL V3 FRAMEWORK CERTIFICATION, XML, HTML, WEB SERVICES, JAVA SCRIPT, JELLY AND TWITTER BOOTSTRAP
£48,004 - £56,405 - Salford
The salary offered will be dependent upon skills and experience.
An exciting new position has arisen, to join the Home Office as a ServiceNow Lead Architect, based in Salford. This is a career making opportunity that will enable you to work within a high-calibre team at the forefront of technology, serving and protecting the public.
Home Office Digital Data and Technology Live services support diverse portfolios of IT services that support customers across the wider Home Office departments and its agencies such as policing. You will work with colleagues and suppliers (both internal and external) to support a range of critical national infrastructure systems, which support 100 million border crossings, 4 million immigration applications, 6 million passport interactions and 4 million criminal records every year.
The Home Office are in the early stages of adopting this product and have big plans which will transform Service Management for Live Services. They have an ambition to transform these services by building a good foundation which we can then rapidly configure new capabilities that will help automate, workflow, measure and improve services
As a ServiceNow Lead Architect working as part of a dedicated ServiceNow DevOps Team, you will be responsible for governing the development of the ServiceNow product while protecting the live estate in a fast paced environment potentially working across multiple instances in a mixed infrastructure environment including Domain Separation and On-Premise solutions.
This role provides a large scope to bring in new ideas, implement fast change and drive forward the technology and the team to exploit ServiceNow capability effectively and efficiently.
- Reporting to the ServiceNow Product Owner you will drive innovative and evolutionary features while working closely with the Enterprise Architecture team to drive the wider business roadmap and future proofing of the solution. Identifying risk to the product is equally as important as driving opportunity.
- Being technically responsible for the product and driving quality through peer reviews, implementing best practices and sharing your knowledge across the team of Product Engineers.
- Championing the use of Agile and DevOps best practices to drive continuous delivery at an ever increasing pace without impacting the performance of an "always on" platform.
- Communicating with suppliers to understand their own roadmaps and how we can make the best use of emerging technologies and features from the platform as well as being viewed as an industry expert to our customers.
- As a team, working together to meet the primary goal - Customer Satisfaction met through continuous service improvement in terms of improving performance, reducing costs and improving the customer experience
- A number of years of experience working with ServiceNow, as well as ITSM toolset development experience.
- Experience using the Agile SDLC delivery method, with particular experience relating to delivery across the ServiceNow platform.
- Extensive experience of delivery of releases into a live complex, multi vendor implementation (SIAM).
- The ability to provide full end-to-end architectural assurance of projects delivered against the existing ServiceNow implementation.
- The ability to take full architectural and technical accountability for all ServiceNow related deliverables and scope activities
- The ability to take leadership of the development team to ensure the accurate and consistent delivery of business requirements within time and budget.
- Excellent oral and written skills, with the ability to confidently present to board level and external stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of ISO 20000 and at least foundation level ITIL v3 Framework certification
- Demonstrable ability to map complex business requirements to an architectural design that both accurately delivers the business requirement whilst scaling effectively as user take up increases
- Demonstrable and transferable knowledge of web technologies such as XML, HTML, Web Services, Java Script, Jelly and Twitter Bootstrap
ServiceNow experience should include:
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist or equivalent certification and training
- In depth cross-tool understanding of ServiceNow, such as workflow, user interface (UI), client scripts, and business rules.
- Understanding of the underlying infrastructure for ServiceNow to allow the support of highly secure and highly available on premise instances
- Experience of managing and designing highly complex ServiceNow environments to include Domain Separation supporting multiple external customers in an MSP environment
- Proven track record in designing ServiceNow applications and web-based solutions
- A good understanding of supporting tools and technologies such as LDAP, SSO and IDAMS, Discovery, Orchestration and Testing
Please do not hesitate to apply. If you would like to discuss the role further please do not hesitate to call Ryan on 0161 924 3689