IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer
Description of Role:
Work as a Desktop Support and implementation engineer working on 1st line fixes on a wide range of corporate IT systems.
Tasks may include minor moves and changes, infrastructure changes and new office refits, up to major funded projects. The majority of these pieces of work are time critical, and without the support of engineers, projects would not have the ability to complete on time.
Engineers are also utilised on BAU IT work for other business areas, where the work cannot be carried out during the normal working day.
Support Engineers on occasion will work outside of normal working hours to resource projects which have no full time manpower allocated.
CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required for this position
*** Please be aware that DV Clearance is required for this position prior to contract commencement. We highly recommend that you research this level of clearance before applying to avoid any disappointment ***
- Customer liaison. Post-holders must have excellent customer facing skills.
- Installation, moves, adds and changes including building refurbishments, site moves, etc. covering desktops, peripherals, laptops, video-conferencing endpoints and infrastructure cabling.
- Patching of fibres and copper network cables from network switches to desktop devices to a schedule provided by the planning team.
- Ensure configuration management is maintained and department best practises are adhered to.
- Provide regular and reliable updates to the team leader on task progression and closure.
- Collaborative working with other teams where required.
- Field support where additional resources are required by the Regional Support Team, including the provision of telephone and in-person support to users.
- Previous experience of working in a Desktop Implementation environment (E).
- Previous experience of working in a 2nd line Desktop Support environment (E).
- ITIL foundation (D).
- Full, manual UK driving licence (E).
Competencies, Skills and Abilities (D/E) Personal Attributes:
This role will be covered by on call/ out of hours TORs
- This role will involve core hours with an opportunity for weekend work and occasional on call duties
- Excellent customer facing and interpersonal skills (E).
- Self motivated and able to act on their own initiative, knowing when it is appropriate to seek guidance (E).
- This post may require the post-holder to work flexibly, including outside normal working hours. Operational demands may require this at short notice.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines (E).
- Understanding of current IT hardware technologies and software (E).
- Problem solving using a range of sources and methods; suggesting innovative and creative solutions (E).
- Experience of incident and change management software (D).
Then please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring dates of past work history is correct and up-to-date.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.