IT Infrastructure and Network Engineer
Highly successful Defence Organisation based in Northwood, Hillingdon is presently looking to recruit a permanent IT Infrastructure and Network Engineer.
Salary £45k - £51k plus excellent benefits
Training Support (TS) is one of this companies key business areas, which provides a broad range of training consultancy and support services to defence, civil authorities and the commercial sector. Recent and on-going contracts include support to JFC Collective Training, the Royal College of Defence Studies annual strategic Decision Game, and NATO. Capability areas including: Exercise Support and Scenario Development, Learning and Development, Hybrid Warfare, Classified CIS and Research, Development and Analysis.
This role is responsible for delivery of technical support (IT Networks) to Op Atalanta and other CIS projects. You will be required to support and optimise system infrastructure to ensure the availability of IT services and provide resolution of technical issues, and act as part of a small team of infrastructure engineers building and maintaining server capabilities.
• Act as technical specialist to engineer and maintain complex IT infrastructure (worldwide LAN/WAN over Internet)
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line support (research, maintenance and troubleshooting) to operational systems
• Provide guidance to 1st line support team to assist with 2nd/3rd line issues
• Provide specialist technical input as required to client/SCS
• Identify network performance issues and advise client of options/alternatives
• Conduct R&D work to identify and implement system improvements as directed.
• Business Development
• Provide technical advice to bids and proposals as required
• Identify potential business development opportunities with existing client and update line management
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
• Proven 2nd/3rd line support across predominantly MS Server Infrastructure, so hands on experience is essential; Suitable level of experience post qualification (which should include experience of build and configuration of networks).
• Working knowledge Server 2008/R2; Performing proactive system support; MS Products: SharePoint; SQL; Win7 Domain Administrator C++ Visual Basic VMware Server and ESX.
• Working knowledge Active Directory and MS Exchange 2007; Working knowledge of WSUS (Windows Updates); System monitoring.
• Confident with Symantec Ghost.
• Linux server
• MS Server 2008/R2 Server
• Cisco Network Infrastructure (CCNA)
Desirable Skill Requirements:
• Experience in client image creation from OEM disks VM
• Understanding of VoIP technology; Experienced user of Win7 and MS Office 2007/2010 applications
• Experience working within a military environment; Proficient networking skills
• MS server 2016
• MS Products: SQL, Win 7, Win 10
• VMware and/or Hyper-V Server experience
• Simulation protocols HLA and DIS
• Familiarity with the principles of IT Design Architecture
• Familiarity with the principles of project management
• Familiarity with the principles of hardware fault finding
Qualifications: MCSE 2003 Network Infrastructure (CCNA) Exchange 2007/2010 Administrator; BSc/HNC Computing
Apply for IT Infrastructure and Network Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Aerospace jobs in Northwood
- £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Cyber Security jobs in Northwood
- £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Defence jobs in Northwood
- £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Engineering jobs in Northwood
- £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Information Technology jobs in Northwood