Project Manager, FTSE 100 Organisation - £Competitive Salary + Benefits + Exceptional career progression.
I am recruiting on behalf of a FTSE 100 Organization and a true market leader within their field. This particular division focuses on the design, manufacture and though life engineering support of high integrity maritime, weapons and communications and intelligence solutions for national and international defence customers.
The successful Project manager will be managing highly complex and critical projects up to the value of £10m and managing a cross functional team of ten people.
Typical tasks and responsibilities include:
- Line management of assigned project team including performance appraisal and career development support.
- Responsibility for the Profit & Loss (P&L) for the assigned project.
- Planning, implementation, monitor and control of the project scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, quality and HSE requirements.
- Delivering project scope in accordance with commercial requirements and customer needs.
- Planning and controlling finances by means of accurate estimation, forecast to complete and strong monitoring and control of spend.
- Actively identifying, planning and controlling risk and opportunity to maximise value for the customer and our business.
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of the project, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities across all project stakeholders and ensuring they are communicated.
- Implementing and enforcing project reporting policies, ensuring reports are accurate, timely and presented in a professional and appropriate format.
- Planning and delivering the stakeholder and communications management for the project through systemic identification and analysis of stakeholders, and the planning and conduct of interactions to engage and communicate with them.
- Managing the Customer and Supplier interface to ensure timely delivery of the project scope and successful satisfaction of customer needs whilst maximising business value.
- Support to Business Winning activities including proposal development and evaluation and optimisation of the preferred solution.
- Has the APM Practitioner Qualification (PQ) or APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) [formerly known as APMP] and is a Member of the APM
- Has good knowledge of project tools and techniques including Microsoft Project (MS), Risk Management tools, ERP Systems and financial and resource planning tools
- Is competent in MS Office
- Has a bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field
- Must hold, or be eligible to obtain full SC Security Clearance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join a market leading organisation and progress your career within an exciting and challenging environment. If you would like to apply, or for more details, please contact me on 0117 9309 726 or