Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer- £competitive salary + Benefits - FTSE 100 Organisation
I am recruiting a Technical Support Engineer to work with the UK's leading engineering support services organisation in Bristol. This role functions within their Marine and Technology Division, providing vital engineering services to key clients, such as the Royal Navy.
The successful Technical Support Engineer will provide support to our growing portfolio of contracts. Managing and answering technical queries for the parts in our product range, liaising with Design Authorities, sourcing alternative parts whilst managing obsolescence and carrying out Customer and supplier reviews.
- Being the initial focal point for all technical queries received in accordance with supply contracts, interpreting technical Def Standards I Mil Specifications and other relevant defence material specifications for contracted parts.
- Raising and managing SCIs (Specification Change Inquiries) for the MoD DA.
- Reviewing and clarifying suppliers' responses to enquiries ensuring technical and contractual compliance is achieved.
- Maintaining records of technical queries and provide regular management information and reports to relevant DST groups.
- Assisting in Helpdesk activities and support, as required.
- Arranging and participating in meetings with MOD Technical and Commodity Officers to review outstanding queries.
- Production of material and sub-contract SoRs, where previously defined by Design Management team, and providing technical recommendations for selecting subcontractors andIor suppliers.
- Assisting the Procurement Team in investigating and finding alternative sources of supply for materials.
- Sourcing and interpreting the available design data for the manufacture and support of items.
- ONC or equivalent in an Engineering subject.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- An understanding of measurement and reporting.
- Ability to interpret and understand technical drawings, specifications and handbooks.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer/technician to step away from the tools and continue their career with a global engineering organisation. For more information, or to apply, please contact Beshley Isaacs on 0117 9309 723 or