Business and Performance Manager (New Business)
World class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Business and Performance Manager (New Business).
The company are NOT looking for a sales person for this role. They need to win 'new business' and be SC Security Cleared. They’re looking for someone with a Project Manager / Programme Manager background and they can think outside of the box. The potential candidate must be: A self-starter, Strong influencing skills, Programme & Price savvy. We would be open to someone who can grow into the role.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after). Competitive hourly rates are being offered by the department.
Business and Performance Manager (New Business) Job Description:
Business & Performance (B&P) are responsible for the Project Management activities; defining, planning, directing and delivering contracts and projects within the relevant sector, against business plan targets through rigorous cost control, schedule adherence and the management of stakeholder interfaces, including Customers.
Within the New Business area the focus is on supporting the winning of new and follow-on business through:
• Leading the Sector’s engagement with Sales & Business Development (SBD) to assist in the development of proposals for sales campaigns, meeting the targets for margin whilst recognising good 'requirements' from bad and proposing alternatives where necessary
• Managing the compilation and approval of project Cost Brochures during the bidding phase
• Leading and maintaining the Sector’s input in the Product Business Cases to ensure it is applicable to current campaigns
• Working with the SBD, Commercial Operations function to define and agree any offset proposal; providing advice and the Cost Brochure associated with any direct/semi-direct offset activities
• Supporting the preparation of the annual and five year business plan targets
• Managing applications to use company funding either in advance of contract launch if required or for R&D to support a product strategy
• Providing the Sector focal point for coordinating compliance with export licensing requirements, including compliance with US ITAR and EAR requirements
• Ensuring all New Business projects have adequate controls for resourced plans and schedules, work breakdown structures, work package descriptions and cost collection systems
• Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with greater than two years’ experience of working in a Project Management environment – ideally within the defence sector
• Experience in bidding and customer negotiations
• Relevant experience of project management tools and practices
• A problem solver with good verbal, written and presentational skills
• Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills