CAD Technician - Birmingham
A market leading FTSE 100 company are currently going through a period of growth and are looking to take on a CAD Technician for a permanent position ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team where you are encouraged to put forward your own ideas. Applications are encouraged from both graduate and experienced candidates.
You will be implementing the Design Manager's policy for the provision of a comprehensive, professional and cost effective drawing services on a wide variety of civil engineering projects to ensure successful delivery to Clients.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows -
- Prepare quality and professional drawings on a wide range of Engineering projects and ensure that drawings are developed and produced accurately to industry standards.
- Prepare drawings within allocated resources and on time as advised by Design Engineers/Manager.
- Develop and carry out drawing check processes to ensure accurate interpretation of designer's requirements prior to issuing check prints to designers.
- Liaise with Clients and other outside parties as required.
- Assist senior staff in the development of the CAD section by promoting new ideas, advising on CAD add-ons and maintaining up to date in house systems.
- Assist senior staff with the development of Quality procedures to ensure that the Division can achieve and maintain ISO 9002 registration.
- In conjunction with the CAD Manager develop systems with other CAD technicians to provide uniform methods of drawing storage and archiving.
- Responsibility will include for obtaining reprographic copies or drawing prints as instructed by designers. Duties to include folding copy prints as required by designers.
- Detail reinforcement and prepare schedules to industry standards and cross check work of other CAD technicians.
- Must be attentive to maintaining accurate drawing updates prior to issuing to designer for checking.
- Responsible for maintaining a shared system with other CAD technicians to ensure adequate supplies of drawing production materials are available at all times.
- Assist as required on other tasks as requested by designers within Engineering Projects.
Carry out surveys, site monitoring and undertake safety supervision roles as required.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- N.C. in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification. H.N.C. (desirable but not essential)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years practical CAD experience of detailing reinforced concrete and structural steelwork related to general civil engineering works or building structures (desirable)
- Computer literate particularly in the use of CAD facilities. Must be capable of efficiently operating the current version of AutoCAD (essential)
- Able to operating Microstation version 8, 2004 (desirable)
- Capable in the use of survey equipment and should have an understanding of up to date survey techniques and be prepared to learn these
- Should have a sound working knowledge of current British & European Standards appropriate to drawing practices. Should also have an appreciation of other current British Standards, Codes of Practice, Railway Group and Line Standards and other statutory documents.
- Self motivated and possess the ability to work under own initiative to assist in achievement of project objectives.
- Good presentation, communication, interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate including hands-on and in-depth experience of computer-aided draughting packages.
- Rail experience is not necessary as training can be provided.
- Full driving licence or willing to learn to drive.
What's on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package
- Work for a forward thinking and dynamic company
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 9309 775