Release Manager, The Home Office, up to £470/day
Our client, the The Home Office, are seeking a Release Manager to join them at 2 Marsham St, Westminster, London SW1P 4DF
Team: HO Core//Corporate Services//Technology//Live Services
Initial contracts will run for 12 months and offer a rate up to £470/day.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 14/03/2017 at 07:32
This role requires Active SC clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
Role Profile, Key Tasks and Deliverables
The post holder will support the Head of Release Management to:
• Maintain a personal Portfolio of services/projects due for release into production delivered by Business Portfolio Release Managers across the Home Office
• Provide a release assurance function, this will include being a senior escalation point on all matters relating to the release function for those services/projects within their personal portfolio
• Manage adherence to the Release management policies and processes including adherence by all Business Portfolio Release Managers they assure
• Be accountable for ensuring that changes are properly assessed, approved and released successfully into the live IT environment using ITIL principles as a basis
• Identify, capture and ensure all improvements to the release management function are included in the Continuous Service Improvement Plan & appropriately feed in relevant requirements to the HODDaT Release Strategy
• Undertake related activities such as managing risks, issues, management reporting, team interactions, team meetings, KPI reporting
The post holder will:
• Act as the subject matter expert for release management
• Be responsible for the quality assurance of the release function across Core Technology Infrastructure working with the Delivery team to assist them with process and procedure and encouraging conformance to IT standards such as ITILv3
• Manage the HODDaT service Management toolset to create and progress release records, managing these through the appropriate states to the generation of Request for Change
• Define, develop and maintain a coordinated release management strategy for services
• Be responsible for release management, ensuring an effective and coordinated set of processes is developed and maintained across all services and customers
• Review, and assess the quality of release deliverables delivered by the Core Technology Infrastructure team in relation to release management activities to ensure quality is maintained
• Engage HODDaT Release Managers to provide confidence and assurance on state of Releases providing evidenced deliverables in support
• Attend governance for Releases where required to provide additional support to secure a go decision to meet the Programme objectives but with a balanced view of protecting the live service
• Plan and oversee the successful roll-out of new and changed software and associated hardware and documentation:
• Liaising with the Business Portfolio Release Manager to agree the exact content and roll-out plan for the release ensuring that all items being rolled out or changed are secure and traceable, updating the CMDB, managing customer relationships as necessary.
• Ensuring that the product undergoes fit for purpose design and robust testing
• Ensuring major and minor releases are approved in accordance with the agreed process using scaleable governance to suit each release
• Liaising with the Change Manager regarding releases and release related RfCs.
• Liaising with business units on all aspects relating to releases, including impact assessments, scheduling, user communications, business readiness, release readiness reviews and post-implementation reviews.
• Liaising with Business Portfolio Release Managers and Project Managers to stay abreast of new releases from release ‘candidate lists’ prioritisation and ordering of deployments for releases
• Ensuring the Core Technology Infrastructure team are fully prepared for the release and the test team is able to test the release in accordance with their defined processes.
• Define and maintain continual service improvement plans for release management:
• Supporting the Change Manager in post-implementation reviews, ensuring ownership by the service providers and ensuring lessons learnt (Positive and negative) are implemented
The post holder is expected to:
• Identify and manage releaserisks and issues
This role sits within the Release Management team of the Service Operations function and is responsible for the assurance of changes/releases from design through planning, build/test, approval and implementation.
• ITIL Intermediate Level
• A relevant academic and/or vocational qualification (e.g. ITIL Foundation)
• Proven experience of working as a Release Manager in a service management environment.
• Proven experience of managing outsourced suppliers
• Excellent communication Skills
• Strong Customer service awareness focus.
The role will be working with the Core Technology Infrastructure team and therefore a good general understanding of IT Infrastructure services, particularly with regards to Network (LAN & WAN), Security, Cloud & Hosted Infrastructure.
• ITIL Intermediate Level
• A relevant academic and/or vocational qualification (e.g. ITIL Foundation
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted.
Apply for Release Manager, The Home Office, up to £470/day
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly