Deputy Head of Configuration Management and Data Management
Job Title: Deputy Head of Configuration Management and Data Management
Summary of Role
An exciting development opportunity has arisen for an experienced Principal Configuration Manager to support the growth and development of the Configuration and Data Management team across multiple business areas within the Defence sector. Professional Configuration Management is critical to Raytheon’s continued success, and as such, this role provides good opportunities for personal development including Professional Accreditation.
In addition to being Deputy Head of Configuration Management and Data Management, the successful candidate will also have responsibility for the successful delivery of Configuration and Data Management solutions in support of the varied business needs. This will include the planning, development, establishment and maintenance of hardware, software and documentation artefacts across a multitude of new and legacy systems at multiple business areas and multiple sites.
- Deputise where applicable for the Head of CMDM.
- Provide solutions to grow and develop the CMDM team across multiple sites.
- Contribute to CMDM functional team strategy.
- Provide functional reviews from a CMDM perspective as required.
- Ensure the successful delivery of the CMDM requirements for any given contract.
- Create interfaces with all levels of customer and multiple user groups each representing different systems within the programme or business area.
- Ensure that CMDM audits are undertaken and the results of which support the integrity of products or artefacts.
- Support programmes through customer liaison both internally and externally.
- Administer Configuration Change Control.
- Reporting on multiple areas of CMDM.
- Maintain programme alignment.
- Experience managing a small team of CMDM engineers
- Ability to manage a complex CMDM tasks involving multiple sites, multiple systems with multiple user and customer interfaces at all levels.
- Experience providing CMDM solutions satisfying all aspects of the Design Engineering Life Cycle and beyond into Service Support.
- Appropriate degree qualification or equivalent.
- Experience in the use of Engineering Design Reviews.
- Experience in the use of CMDM tools, particularly PDM, artefact repositories and document management.
- Conversant with and a working knowledge of CM Standards, eg Def Stan 05-57, EIA 649, ISO 10008, ITIL etc.
- Knowledge of CM principles being applied to software as well as hardware development programmes.
- Current SC clearance or eligibility to gain SC clearance and the ability to further obtain DV.
- Excellent Project Management and Financial Management experience and skills.
- Experience of working within CMDM in the UK/US Defence sector.
- Experience of contributing to staff skills and development needs.
- Willingness and ability to train others and pass on knowledge both within the function and throughout the organisation.
- A professional Configuration Management qualification
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
More searches like this
- Aerospace None / Undisclosed Contract £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Hertfordshire
- Defence None / Undisclosed Contract £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Hertfordshire
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Contract £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Hertfordshire
- Space None / Undisclosed Contract £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Hertfordshire