Business Change Analyst
Business Change Analyst - SEO
£39,333 - £45,232 - Marsham Street (moving to Croydon within 6 months)
The salary offered will be dependent upon skills and experience.
About the Home Office
We are the lead government department for immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime, counter-terrorism and the police.
Our priorities are to:
- empower the public to hold the police to account for their role in cutting crime
- free up the police to fight crime more effectively and efficiently
- create a more integrated criminal justice system
- secure our borders and reduce immigration
- protect people's freedoms and civil liberties
- protect our citizens from terrorism
There is considerable scale and variety to what we do. Every year our systems process millions of visa applications, border crossings, and passport applications.
Role and Responsibilities
- Identify low level Business Change Risks, Issue, Decisions and Actions, which includes communication and training.
- Facilitate change impact workshops to understand the impacts of the change on the wider user community.
- Undertake training needs analysis regarding training needed for project roll outs.
- Develop draft low level communication messages, presentations, and campaigns needed to support and sustain the change.
- Support the development of I&P through its transformation to a high performing team with shared goals and objectives
- Promotes the business change programme vision to staff at all levels of the business operation,
- Provide tools, techniques and coaching to individual project teams
- Monitor, assess and continually improve standards, tools and techniques for business change management including training and communications
- Create, maintain, manage and report on:
- Business Change Issues Log
- Business Change stakeholder maps and plans
- Role based materials to focus on key roles impacted, and specific features of those roles that are critical to the business change
- Develop and maintain the workstream Business Change Issues Log, Stakeholder Maps and Engagement Plans, Business Change Strategy and Approach including:-
- Management of workstream change agents, part of the change network
- Support and organise the Change Impact Assessment Workshops to identify issues relating to business change, coordinating and ensuring output is written up and auctioned in a timely manners
- Produce materials to focus on staff impacted, and specific features that are critical to business change, ie stop, start, continue guides, quick reference cards, etc..
- Assist with/development of any statements of requirements and related business process maps as required by the workstream.
The scope for this role:
- Is key to achieving the Programme benefits whilst complying with HO standards of governance, quality and control through effective delivery of the Business Change strategy, to deliver the objectives of I&P and the broader I&P Programmes
- To be responsible for the implementing the business change activities supporting core business activities
- Extensive knowledge of latest business change techniques required to facilitate business change impact workshops ensuring the impact on the business is clearly articulated and managed
- Working knowledge of technology and design and deployment methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of training and communications tools and techniques
- Good communication skills,
- Good collaborative skills
- Progressive thinking in identifying new processes to support continuous improvement
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Ability to understand and mitigate risk
- Influencing Skills i.e. Initiate and influence relationships with and between key stakeholders to deliver success
- Good change impacts assessment skills
- Excellent analytical skills e.g. root cause analysis
- Champions equality and diversity and promotes best practice
- Professional experience of managing Business Change in an IT enabled environment
- Significant end to end ownership of the below tasks:
- Change Impact Assessment
- Business Readiness Checklist
- Business Comms Plans
- Experience of technology project work and BAU support activities with respect to change management
- Working knowledge of the development of full business cases including benefits and costs
- Proven track record of enabling tangible benefits through the deployment of technology systems and effective business change strategy
- Proven understanding and commitment to excellent customer service
- Public sector/service industry experience
- Educated to Honours Degree or significant proven professional experience
- Certification in Business Change
- Familiar with public sector governance requirements for internal control
If this job sounds something you'd be keen to explore further, apply now with your latest CV or contact Emily Higgs-Bayliss at Experis.