Service Engineer - London - 43231
About the role
Capita Document & Information Services (CDIS) are looking for Service Engineers to join their Managed Print Solutions department, who provide managed print services to a range of large private and public sector organisations across the UK. This includes provision of pre-sales print audit / consultancy and multifunctional devices, printers, fax machines / software, scanners and print / scan management software from the world's leading technology companies. They offer these solutions as a fully managed service incorporating maintenance support as well as provision of toner, parts and consumables.
The Service Engineers will repair, maintain & install equipment supplied / as instructed by the Company. The successful candidate will be a member of the Service Department Team and will report to the Field Service Manager.
The positions will be home based and will service clients in the Central London areas. The London roles will have their travel expenses covered. All will also be provided with additional benefits.
About Capita | Document and Information Services
Capita Document & Information Services (CDIS) is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We help our clients transform the way information flows through their organisations, offering a range of integrated services that can enable your organisation to dramatically improve how a huge stream of information is input, handled, archived, and then output and communicated by your business.
What you will do:
- To service and maintain equipment as directed by the Company
- Ensure all visits are completed in accordance with Call Control and in a timely manner
- Ensure standard of repair / maintenance is accordance with Company expectations
- Advise of potential upgrades
- Identifying needs and establishing user requirements
- Identifying opportunities to improve service
- Assessing the benefits or disadvantages of the proposed changes
- Maintains records and prepares reports as necessary
- Ensuring appropriate resources are available
- Promoting good verbal and written dialogue with internal and external contacts/users
- Ensuring minimal waste of resources and securing value for money
- Attend training sessions where required in order to complete required skill set
Your experience will include:
- Previous experience in a similar service engineer role
- Experience of working in the managed print industry
- Ideally trained within the use of Ricoh and Sharp equipment
- Colour theory and connectivity knowledge
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Good problem solving and problem analysis skills
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.