Unisys is a global information technology company that works with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges.
Unisys is seeking a talented Java Developer to work as part of an application development team supporting Public Sector clients in the UK and Europe. The role involves the on-going development of a Unisys product that provides records management and workflow functionality specifically to the Justice, Law Enforcement and Border Security industry segment.
Role and Objectives
- Undertake implementation work on different modules of the product as required and be able to switch comfortably between areas of the product when necessary
- Perform requirement analysis to create low level design artefacts for individual modules – translate requirements into designs
- Implement J2EE modules based on High Level Designs and as per the project’s quality guidelines
- Perform Java Unit tests and test developed changes in Integration
- Perform root cause analysis of potential issues reported on production as well as test environments
- Implement fixes to address defects raised on the system
- Provide status updates to project managers
- Experienced in Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Development and the creation of designs from use cases
- Familiar with UML modelling
- Familiar with iterative development methods
- Familiar with widely used java frameworks (for example Spring, Hibernate, Struts 2, MAVEN)
- Knowledge of XML technologies and web service implementation
- Familiar with the development of database applications with Oracle, SQL, and Postgres
This is an exciting opportunity working for a successful organisation which offers progression and development opportunities, you will be working on high profile public sector accounts and therefore must be eligible for SC clearance. Unisys offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with an innovative consultative culture.
Apply for Java Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly