SOC Analyst - Cyber Security Operations Centre / SIEM - 30-45k
As a SOC Analyst, you will be working for a global IT Services firm that is looking to expand their Security Operations Centre (SOC) in London. They're looking for people from all experience levels so even if you've been doing basic SIEM monitoring, not even necessarily in a SOC environment, and want to take your experience to the next level then this could be the right job for you.
Working as part of a team of analysts, you will be specialising in proactively monitoring their high profile IT estate, monitoring Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) systems and managing associated incident handling processes, undertaking security vulnerability management and using threat intelligence alongside APT hunting tools to search for threats.
There's excellent opportunities for progression internally with opportunities to move up the ladder into more senior roles and eventually management in addition to lateral movement to other teams (e.g. Consultancy, Engineering, Architecture, Pre-Sales).
Ideally you'd have:
- 0.5-2 or more years' experience working within a SOC environment (preferably with a background in IT/Networking/Network Security/Cyber).
- GIAC Certifications: GSEC, GCED, GMON, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA (CREST certs would be good too but I appreciate that not many people have them - e.g. CCIM, CCNIA, CCHIA). Also you don't *need* to have certs, they're just useful in baselining your analytical abilities.
- SANS Courses: SEC401, SEC501, SEC511, SEC503, SEC504, FOR578.
- Skills: SIEM Monitoring & Incident Handling/Response, IDS/IPS Monitoring, Forensics/Malware Analysis, Threat Hunting with or without Analytics/UBA, Threat Intelligence usage.
- Basic client facing abilities.
- Service management experience (preferably to ITIL v3).
If you feel this role would be of interest to you, do feel free to give me an email on 'a.fernandes[att]computerfutures[dott]com' with an up-to-date version of your CV and a good time that we may speak. Alternatively I am available by phone on 0207 907 3838 or on LinkedIn (Andrew Fernandes, Computer Futures).
If you know anyone that might be interested in the role, don't be afraid to point them in my direction; we're currently offering £200 of John Lewis vouchers to anyone who refers someone that later gets a job through us!