System Engineer Team Leader (Software Systems)
Description of Program
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge.
Dynamics is not just part of our name, its part of our spirit.
Purpose of Position
In order to deliver the TP programme GDMS are adoption an Agile Methodology in the form of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®). This role will operate within SAFe to deliver System Engineering tasks to develop and define the EvO Solution and to specify the interfaces and configuration items that constitute the solution.
The successful candidate will lead a small team which will have responsibility for addressing specific Architecture, System Design and Configuration Item Specification to meet the needs of internal product development teams and external suppliers.
The Software technologies and applications that will be addressed by the system design include:
• Windows and Linux OS
• Military User applications
• Commercial Office Applications
• Voice and Multi Media
• Information Systems
• Communications System Management
• Network Management
Leading a Multi-Disciplined engineering team, following an agile development methodology to deliver allocated elements of the System Engineering aspects of the programme.
In addition to leading the team the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering aspects of the following and ensuring the quality and completeness of their teams contribution to the following:
• Requirements Analysis
• Use Case development
• Behaviour modelling
• Functional and Feature specification
• Interface Specification
• Data Model development
• CI specification
• Performance Analysis
• Integration and Test Analysis
• Trade-off analysis
Plus engaging with the Multi-Disciplines team to ensure that speciality inputs are considered and necessary SE outputs meet these discipline requirements:
• Human Factors
• WLC Modelling
Required Skills & Abilities
Experience in a number of the following areas:
• Tactical Communications Systems
• High reliability communications systems
• Complex User facing software systems
• Information Management systems
• Networking systems
• Windows and Linux based systems
• Developing to open standards
• Voice and Multi Media
• Self Starter
• Team Member
• Attention to Detail
• System Thinker
• DOORS Requirements Management
• SysML Tool such as Integrity Modeller
• Model Based System Engineering
• Team leadership
• Personnel Development, Mentoring and Coaching
Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
• Considerable product or system design experience
• Relevant Professional qualifications, for example
o Registered Project Professional
• Chartered Engineer
The closing deadline for internal candidates is 24th March 2017.