Senior SOC Analyst - Cyber Security Operations Centre - 55-65k
We're currently looking for a Senior SOC Analyst to join forces with a leading IT Consultancy based in the heart of London. If you're a self-motivated professional with demonstrable competence and capability in a SOC-like environment (or even just a SOC!) then this might be the right role for you.
As a Senior SOC Analyst, you will be leading a team of Junior SOC Analysts aiding in protecting client infrastructure through monitoring of SIEM solutions and a variety of other security devices found in a SOC environment (e.g. Vulnerability Scanners, Behavioural Analytics tools, IDS/IPS). You will one of the higher point of escalation for incident triage/handling, dealing with the most complex and high priority events from a range of clients within a broad range of sectors (from blue chip behemoths to SMEs and even start-ups) with an additional lead analyst for you to refer partiularly complex incidents on to if needed. You'll occasionally get to go out and meet with clients too, performing basic client-facing activities such as service reviews or discussing improvements to their security posture (VERY minimal travel, though, the role is mostly SOC/technical based).
They're great in terms of progression options - with the company being a consultancy it's in their best interests to provide you with training and development to help you progress from a professional standpoint and further to this they like to actively promote people upwards and laterally within the company (many of their Senior Management have worked their way up from entry-level roles and others made careers from the wider opportunities they've been provided within the firm).
Do you have the experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment? If so, then this could be the perfect next step in your career.
Ideally you'd have:
- 1.5-2 or more years' experience working within a SOC environment (preferably with a background in IT/Networking/Network Security/Cyber).
- GIAC Certifications: GSEC, GCED, GMON, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA (CREST certs would be good too but I appreciate that not many people have them - e.g. CCIM, CCNIA, CCHIA). Also you don't *need* to have certs, they're just useful in baselining your analytical abilities.
- SANS Courses: SEC401, SEC501, SEC511, SEC503, SEC504, FOR578.
- Skills: SIEM Monitoring & Incident Handling/Response, IDS/IPS Monitoring, Forensics/Malware Analysis, Threat Hunting with or without Analytics/UBA, Threat Intelligence usage.
- Senior stakeholder management & client facing abilities (not massively important).
- Service management experience (preferably to ITIL v3).
If you feel this role would be of interest to you, do feel free to give me an email on 'a.fernandes[att]computerfutures[dot]com' with an up-to-date version of your CV and a good time that we may speak. Alternatively, I am available by phone on 0-2-0-7-9-0-7-3-8-3-8 or on LinkedIn (Andrew Fernandes, Computer Futures).
If you know anyone that might be interested in the role, don't be afraid to point them in my direction; we're currently offering £200 of John Lewis vouchers to anyone who refers someone that later gets a job through us!