DV cleared Software Developer - Java
DV Cleared Software Engineer (Java) - Permanent - Manchester - Great Salary & Benefits!
A fantastic opportunity to join our client in their brand new centre based in Manchester. Our client has a wide range of vacancies at lower levels in our rapidly growing Software Development Team. Our client operates an Agile/Scrum methodology and you will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for our client you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. You will receive training, both formal and on-the-job from experienced engineers to help you become a well-rounded professional.
To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
- Document designs and advise on product support material
- Investigate product issues and develop solutions to customer issues
- Contribute to the innovation of new products and services for our customer base
- Develop test plans and methodologies to ensure developed products meet our client's quality standards
- Be involved in, committed to and part of the continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Java application development
- Experience of development with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark)
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB)
- Experience of scripting languages; Perl, Python, ruby
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience of Big Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Experience of PKI and encryption techniques
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
Degree in Numerate Subject desirable but not essential.
We are looking for software engineers, with some professional experience. This could derive from time spent in industry during a degree or contributions to an open source project for example.
Experience of software development in a military or Government project background would be an advantage, but is not essential. A broad knowledge of Information Security "best practice" would also be useful.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.
Apply for DV cleared Software Developer - Java
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly