Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor FTSE 100 Global Organisation - Extremely Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
The UK's leading engineering support services organisations have a requirement for 2 quantity surveyors, based out of their Bristol or Newport office. This FTSE 100 organisation operates across a diverse range of markets, including defence, nuclear, rail, infrastructure and more.
The Successful Quantity Surveyor will work across the wider business group and will provide a PQS function in support of major programmes. You will be given the opportunity to work on a wide variety of interesting and challenging project that will ensure you develop the skills and experience to progress professionally.
- Maintain effective communications with project management, team and other associated disciplines.
- Provide commercial input to contracts and tenders.
- Ensure the production of monthly actual cost and value reports, forecasts and cash flow information for presentation to management.
- Participate in meetings regarding project performance and provide the necessary supporting information.
- Assist in the preparation and co-ordination of commercial project documentation, early warning notices, compensation events, contract variations, disruption claims etc.
- Support change management including development of processes to satisfy customer's change control procedures and variation valuation.
- Assist in the preparation, submission and agreement of interim payment applications, in accordance with the provision of contracts.
- Production and agreement of final accounts.
- Co-ordination and creation of additional claims, should they be required.
- Ensure that income from interim applications is received on time, in accordance with the contract payment terms.
- Provide commercial advice in connection with all project issues, input to commercial discussions and reviews.
- Attend and provide input to project start up and close out meetings.
- Provide commercial input to supply chain partners and sub contract documentation, e.g. ITT for sub contract packages, back to back agreements, valuation certificates & change control.
- Support business unit documents processes control requirements.
- Provide co-ordination between the Project Controls group and the Finance group on all commercial matters.
In order to be considered you will ideally:
- Knowledge of manufacturing industry, civil and or engineering background
- Major Project experience
- Educated to degree level
- RICS accreditation
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have the opportunity to progress their career to more senior positions and then management roles, within a fast growing, multi-national and market leading organisation. To be considered for the role and to register your interest, please apply now.