DV Cleared Project Manager
- Typically 5 to 8 years experience of managing a number of medium/large sized packages.
- Typically management of several projects across the whole lifecycle, including start-up.
- Team and resource management
- Responsibility for team leadership of a small team and accountability for building and motivating the team.
- Planning for and obtaining the appropriate levels and types of resource required.
- Agreeing terms of reference with the Project team members and the Project Board.
- Define and agree the scope and deliverables of specific work packages with your Work Package/Project Managers.
- Identifying issues and recommending solutions to the Programme Manager or Project Board.
- Establishing common milestones which link to the wider project/programme milestones.
- Holding checkpoint meetings with the Work Package/Project Managers.
- Providing progress and status reports to the Project Board and Project team.
- Identifying and managing the risks.
- Ensuring the delivery of quality products, on target, within budget and other constraints.
- Identifying issues and recommending solutions to the Project Board and other relevant parties.
- Driving all aspects of the Project to a successful conclusion and resolving any conflict within the Project.
- Working within the standard disciplines and processes established for the Project/Programme.
- Defining and managing stakeholder expectation.
- Good team-membership skills and able to gain the respect of peers.
- Displays leadership skills and able to lead teams positively.
- Able to interface with stakeholders and suppliers and create a food impression.
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner, ISEB Certificate and IS Project Management, Foundation in MSP07 Programme Management method or Foundation in Management of Risk.
- Professional body affiliation (APM, PMI, BCS)
Role specific requirements
- Have worked within infrastructure and change projects/programmes
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience on budgets above 1 million preferably 5 million+