Wintel Engineer - SC or DV cleared
Wintel Engineer - Security Cleared
Competitive Salary and Benefits
DV or SC Cleared
Our client, a leading IT Outsourcing company, are looking to recruit a DV Cleared Wintel Engineer to join their team based in North Yorkshire. This role will be based on a government project delivering IT services for a major Defence customer.
This key role will be part of a support team will provide specialist support for all approved servers, workstations, laptops, handheld devices and peripherals. They will also specialise in the support of all server and desktop based operating systems and applications provided by the solution. As part of a central offsite support team, the engineer will perform remote diagnostics using enterprise remote control utilities. The engineer will support all parts of the infrastructure with particular focus on Problem Management of Applications including Core Platforms (Server 2003/2008), Exchange, SQL, Backup solutions, DNS/DHCP/Group Policy.
- Monitoring and making recommendations regarding the performance of servers and UADs within the environment.
- Maintaining and improving the security of the system to high government standards.
- Perform detailed analysis on server failures or review the analysis performed by a second line team and present this as a report in order to improve the system availability statistics by reducing recurring system downtime.
- Current SC or DV clearance
- Windows Server 2008 and above
- Active Directory
- Virtualisation Technologies
- Investigating and resolving defects in previously created packages
- Ability to work in close co-operation with customer staff
- McAfee AV solutions NetBackup
- Sanctuary Application and Device Control Scripting
- HP Radia
- HP Protect Tools
- Deep Secure Product Suite
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Diversity Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
If you are interested in this position and have the required skills and experience, please apply online. All suitable candidates will be contacted within 2 working days.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.