Network Engineer - Cisco - SC or DV Cleared
SC or DV Cleared
Competitive Salary & Benefits
WAN / LAN / Support / 2nd Line / 3rd Line / Network / Defence / CCNA / Cisco / Firewalls
My client is a leading Defence supplier looking for a number of new Network Support Engineers to work within a secure environment. Candidates with current SC or DV clearance will be preferred.
Description of project: The team support MoD infrastructure throughout UK and overseas on a 24/7 basis. This role will require the incumbent to be part of a 24/7 shift rotation and/or on call rota.
- Able to work in a team or on their own with no or very little supervision.
- Part of the WAN/LAN Operations Support Team.
- Responsible for providing a high level of support and advice to all of the accounts that are currently supported by the shared networks teams.
- Involved with small to medium sized project work with supervision from implementation team.
- Takes ownership of incidents and progresses them through to resolution.
- Investigate service improvements and make recommendations based on these investigations.
- Produce and present service reports using tools available, e.g. eHealth.
- Perform known, existing implementation solutions, return to baseline configuration of routers and switches if and when required.
- Detailed analysis of logs and other output from network devices.
- Participate in a call out rota where required.
- Ability to work at short notice (within reason) when required
- Requires security clearance (SC or DV clearance)
Skills - Mandatory:
- Must hold one or more of the following certifications CCNA / JNCIE / JNCIP / JNCIS / JNCIA
- A proven and successful background as a Network Engineer / Network Support.
- Excellent knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and subnet addressing.
- In depth knowledge of networking hardware, especially from the Juniper family, Experience of network implementation work.
- Working knowledge of ISDN, VPN, Broadband solutions.
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Previous experience of network design.
- ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Understanding of network security.
If you have the required skills and experience, and would like to be considered for this role, please apply online. All suitable candidates will be contacted within 2 working days
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.