Investigation Support Officer
Servoca Resourcing Solutions are looking for a number Investigation Support Officers to work on the Roads Policing Unit for Lancashire Constabulary located in Preston.
To research and assist with the investigation of criminal, misconduct and other matters dealt with by the Department
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist with the securing, preserving and gathering of intelligence and evidence in order to prove or disprove information and establish facts, relating to allegations of misconduct or criminal acts by Constabulary employees or volunteers.
- Present and advise PSD Reactive/IACT staff of the progress of such investigations and present findings during team briefings.
- To have contact with members of the public in person, on the phone and through written correspondence. Obtain details of complaints and misconduct and where possible resolve these complaints.
- To assist in the compilation of detailed investigation reports and case files, conducting criminal or misconduct interviews and presenting evidence to criminal courts or misconduct meetings/hearings as required.
- To assist in the processing of appeals, including but not limited to maintaining accurate records, liaison with complainants, formulation of response letters/reports and updating complainants.
- To conduct audits of police computer systems and present findings in written format to support criminal or misconduct investigations as required.
- To provide specialist advice, guidance and support to divisional staff in respect of allegations, complaints and investigations and deliver PSD training packages to internal and external customers as required.
- To assist the Detective Sergeant in driving performance within divisions in respect of timeliness and the quality of locally resolvable complaints.
- Experience of working on own initiative, investigating problems, developing solutions and taking timely action to resolve them, working to tight deadlines
- Experience of assisting with the securing, preserving and gathering of intelligence and evidence, in order to establish facts and prove or disprove allegations.
- Experience of providing accurate detailed written reports, demonstrating a high level of attention to detail
- Experience of dealing with difficult and confrontational situations
- Experience of communicating at all levels, and giving presentations or delivering training packages to a wide range of audiences including internal and external customers
- Experience of providing specialist support, guidance and advice to internal and external customers
- Experience of interrogating and maintaining computerised and manual filing/recording systems
Contract Length: 3 Months
Pay Rate: £9.91 (PAYE) or £12.06 (Umbrella)
Servoca Resourcing Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and specialise in police recruitment skills related roles.