IT Programme Manager
Our client is a world leader in Aviation and they are currently looking for an experienced Programme Manager to join them for an initial 12 months contract assignment based in Crawley / Gatwick. (Duration is likely to extend)
IT Programme Manager – Asset Data Platforms - ADP
Responsible for :-
- Managing the delivery of major IT programmes and all work streams from initiation to completion.
- Establishing setting and managing clear business expectations with stakeholders and managing these through to completion and delivery of true business value.
- Managing scope, schedule, deliverables, budget, quality and risks related to the programme and all work streams.
- Programme accounting, planning, scheduling, recruitment and allocation of resources (including secondment of internal resources).
- Detailed programme finance and schedule forecasting within a maximum of 10% tolerance.
- Supplier management including resource management
- Managing all programme communications and liaising with various internal departments and business units.
- Reporting on programme progress to PMO, programme boards and other governance bodies.
- Effective change control including cost, schedule and scope impact assessments.
- 10 years experience of managing large and complex IT projects
- 5 years experience of managing large and complex IT programmes
- 5 years experience of line managing project managers, work stream leads and other programme team members directly
- 5 years experience in the relevant technology domain such as Software Development and Infrastructure Design
- The relevant business domain of: Airport, Accounting, Asset Management and Engineering Maintenance
- COTS implementation methodologies and industry best practices
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control methodologies
- Business user or external client management, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
Proven track record of:-
- Delivery through all stages of the programme lifecycle
- Managing programme teams in a matrix environment
Role Specific Experience
- Referenceable experience in:-
- Delivery of asset data platform solutions (minimum of 2 programmes)
- Managing demanding senior business stakeholders to maintain strong positive relationships while providing the right quality of solution, setting challenging but achievable timescales
- Managing complex supplier relationships bringing multiple competing suppliers together to provide integrated solutions, resolving conflicts and keeping to timescales
- Quickly understanding new business models, technologies and processes, forming a strong understanding of the necessary business outcomes required and the ability to assess the best fit solutions from multiple options
Highly desirable experience:-
- Direct experience with the following vendors product sets:- OpenText- Documentum, IBM-Maximo, BlueCielo-Meridian, Ultimo
- Process re-engineering and change management in an: Asset Management, Work Order Maintenance and Content Management related environment
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
- University degree qualification in an IT related subject (Engineering, Information Systems, Science, Business or Commerce) or equivalent
- Strong Negotiation and Facilitation skills
- PMP or Prince2 certification
- ITIL / Software technology related certification
- MS Project and the ability to generate critical path analysis using the tool
Apply for IT Programme Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly