Lead Design Engineer (Civils) - Hamilton, Glasgow
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Design Engineer (Civils) to join a leading engineering support services organisation which is rapidly expanding in Hamilton, Glasgow.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to lead and direct allocated design resources in the delivery of conceptual and detailed civils design. Undertake the production of plans/drawings/documentation, planning and organising activities and resources to meet programme deadlines.
- Carry out designs and checks for Engineering schemes ensuring full compliance with current British & European Standards, Codes of Practice and Railway Group Standards and Procedures as required.
- Assist with directing the Design team in the completion of allocated works in accordance with programme timescales.
- Allocate roles, responsibilities and production activities within the design team.
- Monitor progress of works within the team, advising the Design Manager at agreed periodicities, and agreeing alterations to programmes of work or working patterns as required.
- Responsible for the design/checking of schemes and location plans for new work and alterations to existing work
- Assist with design/checking and production of estimates / target prices and programmes of work for proposed work.
- Deal with internal and client technical queries and requests.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Design Experience - General Civil Design (Civil/Construction)
- Chartered Engineer or working towards
- Leadership Skills and Characteristics
- Computer literate and experienced in design software; knowledge of AutoCAD, TEDDS, Pframe / Superstress and knowledge of Slope W and Repute desirable.
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Full Driving licence or willing to learn
- Drugs and Alcohol Medical
What's on offer?
- Benefits Package
- Reputable company
Fantastic opportunity to be part of an establishment with a companywide desire to evolve their programmes.
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727.