Your future in Nuclear. Specialising in the design and manufacture of bespoke engineering solutions for the nuclear energy, nuclear decommissioning and defence markets, our client is a key player in this sector. They design, engineer, manufacture, assemble, test, commission and install, as well as offering ongoing specialist support services. They are a core subsidiary of a global Italian group that operates in over 90 countries and is Italy's largest supplier, installer and service provider for
The client may also consider people on a Contract basis
The Project Manager is required to effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of allocated Projects within agreed budgets, on programme and to the customer's satisfaction.
Rigorously applying the Project Department procedures
· Determining overall requirements in terms of project strategy, scope, budget, time, resource and technical content
· Establishing and maintaining accurate cost control techniques for direct comparison to allocated budgets.
· Establishing and maintaining accurate progress control techniques for direct comparison to programme requirements.
· The Project Manager will be Using established techniques for identifying potential project risks and applying corresponding risk mitigation measures.
· Working within and maintaining records for all work to satisfy company standards and procedures and national quality and legal requirements.
· Ensuring that the change control system is rigorously applied.
· Applying commercial awareness expertise to support customer scope discussion including potential claims to customer.
· Understanding the nature of contract variations and negotiating variation implications through to a satisfactory conclusion.
· Developing, producing and updating appropriate Project and Workpackage Schedules.
· Influencing customers to source and support business winning opportunities.
· The Project Manager will be Co-ordinating project management activities via effective management of the respective team members.
· Complying with all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and company standards.
3 years experience in managing complex multi-disciplinary engineering projects of up to £2m within Nuclear, petrochemical, transport, aerospace or similar industries
· Fully aware of the project lifecycle
· General understanding of project management aspects, principles and processes
· Sound IT skills, particularly project reporting and writing skills
· Good spoken and written English is essential
· Comfortable managing a team
· MS Office Conversant
· MS Project Experience
Careers in the nuclear sector offer you the chance to work on challenging, interesting and diverse projects. And with the sector experiencing a period of growth both nationally and internationally, with a particular emphasis on the UK market, our client relies on a continuous flow of talent coming into their organisation.
With primary locations in the UK and Genoa, as well as representative offices in France, Romania, Slovakia and Argentina, career opportunities also have a global reach.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.