Technical Project Manager
Job Role: Technical Project Manager
Location: West London
Duration: 6 Months
Salary/Rate: Excellent Rates!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Technical Project Manager - Contract - West London - Excellent Rates!
The Technical Project Manager will support the Programme Engineer and manage a team of engineers to deliver system integration, test and deployment expertise in support of a major systems integration programme in the defence intelligence and security domain. This role will provide leadership to the system of systems integration and test team prior to systems transition into service. This will require the ability to shape and manage the overall Site Integration Plan, develop that strategy into practical working approaches and manage execution.
We are seeking an engineering experienced project manager to support the planning and implementation of new systems across a number of sites. The successful candidate will take ownership of elements of the requirements capture, systems transition design, change control and the sell-off and acceptance of transitioned systems.
- Managing and implementing the project engineering activities
- Managing the engineering resources and engineering budget
- Supporting the Project Engineer at customer meetings
- Report progress and engineering financial status to the Engineering Function and other stakeholders as required
- Provide impact assessments in terms of cost and schedule for proposed change
- Actively manage the technical performance of the project and its resources, taking corrective action as required
- Lead the engineering activities required for bidding for new work
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge and first-hand experience of the systems engineering lifecycle on secure systems
- Successful practical experience of managing the engineering on programmes in terms of corporate process adherence and engineering task execution by the programme team
- Experience of Estimating, Planning and scheduling engineering activities on IT projects
- Knowledge of managing the integration of COTS software, hardware and networking in a secure environment to meet defined system requirements
- A working knowledge of government IT Security environments and requirements including MoD JSPs (440 and 480), Safety and ILS practices and policies
- Configuration management in depth understanding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct and moderate technical exchange workshops with the customer and other stakeholders
- Experience of line managing engineering teams of permanent and contract staff;
- Willingness to work out of hours when necessary
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of GIS and image processing application software
- Experienced in running profit and loss account management
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner
- ITIL certified
- Experience of commercial and government IT Security environments and requirements
- Experience of successfully managing the acceptance of engineering components from a subcontractor
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.