Information Security Operations Analyst
Security Operations Analyst – Luton – £50-60k +bonus +Share’s +Flexi Bens
An Information Security Analyst (operations) is required by this dynamic forward thinking and distinctive household name. They’re a FTSE 100 company and the UKs largest airline. This organisation are pioneers in air travel, e-commerce, digital technology and business operations. You will secure their corporate, airline, and commercial systems which manage over 125 different business services. You secure everything from large scale architecture, leading technology platforms and the latest in virtual reality, cloud and wearable tech to name a few…
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive base salary
- Up to 20% bonus
- 25 days holiday
- BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
- 7% pension
- Life Assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits
You will take responsibility for the operational support of specific security technologies, products and services. You will monitor internal and external cyber threats and vulnerabilities and ensure that company technical controls are appropriate. Rapid response, detection, isolation and remediation of information security incidents as well as providing a focal point within house for technical information security expertise.
- Responsible for operational support of technical security systems, including; installation, configuration, tuning, coverage, support and maintenance
- To establish and maintain security technical standards, procedures and guidelines
- To provide IT teams with security focused technical support, training and consultancy to ensure compliance with security standards, policies and legislation
- Facilitate a process of continuous improvement in the delivery of security services
- As part of a managed project evaluate products and related technologies that mitigate risk and recommend and support their introduction
- Retain a working knowledge of related technical areas such as end user computing, database administration and networks., to enable effective liaison with other technical groups and the coherent protection of technologies
- To monitor internal and external cyber threats and vulnerabilities and ensure that technical controls are aligned to these
- Rapid response, detection, isolation and remediation of information security incidents
- Reporting to and informing management of incidents and incident prevention activities
- Produce performance metrics to demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness of IT and Security Operations controls
Key Skills Required:
You must have a thorough understanding of the Information security threat landscape, significant risks, technical developments and directions. Strong interpersonal skills are essential, as the jobholder must be able to operate effectively at all levels within and outside of the company.
- At least 3 years in IT Security/IT Operations, or equivalent position
- A good understanding of threats and threat vectors
- Information Security Incident handling experience
- Proven experience in writing Information Security Standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Experience in industry recognised security standard such as ISO or COBIT
- A Self Starter with the ability to lead and drive change through an organisation.
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to build strong relationships and influence decisions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to project manage discrete security projects
- Good analytical skills and the ability to challenge the norm.
One or more of the following qualifications are highly desirable.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- MSc Information Security
- SANS/GIAC certified
- Vendor technology trained (certifications) e.g. Antimalware, Intrusion prevention, email security management technologies.