Information Technology Engineer (Level 3)
As a member of the Leidos Team’s support to NATO Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) System Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Project, the Jr. IT Engineer will provide technical expertise in the setup and operation of the NATO BMD ITB laboratory. Duties range from performing IT Support to configuring and setting up the ITB tool suite to support a BMD test event or exercise.
The ITB Open Framework Services (OFS) consists of a set of computer simulation tools that enable early testing of the BMD architecture as well as the capability for extensive integration testing to ensure that all National systems work effectively and efficiently together. The ITB enables connection of any combination of constructive simulations, National laboratories and live systems into a realistic friendly force structure, and enable injecting realistic threat scenarios into those integrated components for a variety of purposes that range from architecture interoperability assessment, to evaluating Concepts of Operation (CONOPs). In addition to the OFS, the ITB lab includes NATO Command and Control (C2) prototype systems and several constructive simulations. The ITB Equipment and systems can be connected to external systems or representations via the Combined Federated Battle Laboratory Network (CFBLNet), or the NATO General Communications Systems (NGCS) operational network.
The BMD ITB OFS Has been transitioned from a classic hardware-based server system to a virtualized environment using HP Blades, CISCO 4500 switches and NetApp Data Storage hardware, and VMWare products for software. MäK products (MäK RTI and VR Exchange) are used for providing both a DIS and HLA interface within the ITB, and for external connections to simulations, hardware-in-the-loop labs, and live systems.
Level of Responsibility: The role of the IT Engineer is to participate on a team of technical specialists to ensure the ITB Open Framework Services operating efficiently, support the set-up and configuration of the tool suite for a test event, perform software (OFS) and hardware configuration management, and ensure security compliance for aspects of the ITB.
• Active NATO (Cosmic) Top Secret Clearance
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in Information Technology support with a specialty in desktops, servers, and networking.
• Willingness to learn many different technologies as breadth of skills is important
• Capable of troubleshooting hardware and software issues. Demonstrate the ability to deduce problems.
• Demonstration of performing configuration management at any specified level
• IPv4 troubleshooting and basic subnetting
• Demonstrate packet sniffing to troubleshoot network and application issues
• Demonstration of installing and building computer systems in these operating systems (Windows 7, Windows Server 2008/2012, Redhat Linux 5,6,7; Solaris 10; VMWare)
• Coursework and/or certificates in programming
• Experience using Microsoft Office products
• Understanding of CAT 5/6, HDMI, Fibre cabling
• Able to lift 50 pounds, maneuver servers in to racks, use hand tools to assemble hardware
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering
• Experience working with Tactical Data Link formats (Link16 in both JREAP, SIMPLE formats)
• Experience working with Simulation Interoperability using HLA / DIS
• Experience using defense simulations with a focus in missile defense
• Experience using Cisco switches and basic Layer 2 knowledge
• Security+ certification
• Experience executing DoD STIGs for operating systems (Windows 7, Windows Server 2008/2012, Redhat Linux 5,6,7; Solaris 10)
• Scripting (Perl, Bash, GNUPlot, XML, Batch files, database queries)
• Database administration in MySQL, SQL
• Administration in Vmware VCenter, ESXi, Horizon
Job is located off-site at customer facility in The Hague, Netherlands.
This position is contingent on acceptance of the candidate by the industry partner resource control board. In the event that the industry partner control board does not approve the candidate, the candidate may be removed from consideration for the position and any outstanding offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Boeing will attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for selected candidate; Candidate must be able to obtain work authorization for the Netherlands. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. The Boeing Company is an equal opportunity employer with a policy to attract and retain the best qualified people available. At Boeing, we know there is a whole world outside of work, and we endeavor to provide you with programs that help you make the most of it. We offer competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits including an education assistance program. All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
More searches like this
- Aerospace None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Netherlands
- Cyber Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Netherlands
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Netherlands
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Netherlands