Category - Engineering
Location - Cambridge, United Kingdom
Type - Permanent
Status - Full Time
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group (Marshall ADG) remains one of the UK’s leading independent aerospace and defence companies and is renowned and respected worldwide for its expertise in civil, military and commercial aircraft and defence solutions. With a proven pedigree in providing support to UK and international customer C130 Hercules fleets that dates back to the 1960s.
As part of our ongoing development Marshall ADG has a requirement for a Technical Author based at Cambridge Airport. We provide technical publications support to the UK and overseas air forces and civil operators. This comprises sustainment activities as well as the development of Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) in support of our aircraft modification programmes. Responsibilities include the preparation of supplemental data to on-aircraft maintenance publications and the incorporation of internal and external customer requests. Although part of the tech pubs team you will also be able to work off your own initiative and be responsible for meeting budget and deadlines.
The role is varied and you will be working to a wide range of specifications for both civil and military customers – you will enjoy the flexibility and demands this presents and take a pragmatic view as priorities and deadlines change. In addition to sound Technical Authoring skills you will have:
- Experience working as a Technical Author in the aerospace sector
- Broad-based experience of the aerospace industry
- A good understanding of civil and military specifications for technical publications
- Detailed working knowledge of structured FrameMaker
- Proven IT skills and in particular you will be conversant with the Microsoft Office suite
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
Apply for Technical Author
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly