World class Defence Organisation based in Henlow, Bedfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Logistics Co-ordinator on a subcontract basis.
***** Candidates MUST come from a Manufacturing Logistics background with a background of ideally working in the Defence or Aerospace industry *****
Candidates must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after).
Contract hourly rate; Competitive hourly rates are being offered by the department.
Logistics Co-ordinator Job Description:
• The Logistics Co-ordinator will be primarily responsible for the day to day management of existing and future manufacturing schedules, delivering Logistics Management activities and to ensure customer programmes are met in a timely manner. The Logistics Co-ordinator would typically report into a senior member of the Material Logistics Unit.
• Ensure the timely and cost effective provisioning of parts and internal services.
• Encompass areas of activity associated with supply chain management.
• Define and control the detailed manufacturing plan such that inventory and work-in progress are maintained at minimum levels consistent within a lean manufacturing facility.
• Provide written and verbal information on the status of the plan and achievements to date, using management reporting techniques.
• Tactically manage collaborative and preferred suppliers of bought out items, in order that material flows satisfy programme requirements whilst minimising stock levels.
• Attend and contribute to review meetings i.e. Integrated Production Teams (IPT’s),
• Forward Planning Sessions, Supplier Reviews, Cross Functional Sessions.
• Contribute to the implementation of proposed task directive changes, new or amended orders, regarding their effect on inventory and programme.
• Advise on manufacturing ‘Best Practice’ as part of a team, and actively take part in process improvement programmes.
• Deploy the planning tools i.e. SAP, Inventory Control, KPS and have the flexibility to use and develop new methods of working within a continually changing environment.
• Responsible for the movement of hardware through manufacturing process.
Role Requirements (skills, training and qualifications)..........................................
• Previous experience of logistics or an associated discipline would be an advantage.
• Computer proficiency in word processing, spread sheets and databases is required in this role.
• Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems
• Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g. SAP
• ESD training
• Computer proficiency in word processing, spread sheets and databases is required in this role. Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g. SAP