Data/ Systems Analyst - Excel, eRatings
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated analyst? Are you passionate about change, requirements elicitation, stakeholder management, math and technology? This role provides a great opportunity for candidates to learn about insurance, pricing and IT; previous rating systems analyst have moved into systems and web development, project management and pricing actuaries. If this all interests you, then this is the role for you.
We provide personal and commercial insurance products such as motor, home and travel to our customers directly, via price comparison sites, or through our partners and brokers.
Our culture is simple, energetic and imaginative. We are looking for people who can get the job done and enjoy the rewards. We need you to be proactive, enthusiastic and thrive on taking responsibility in a fast-paced environment where opportunities to develop and progress are encouraged.
What you will be doing
The core objectives of the role are:
* Perform testing to ensure the quality deployment of rating.
* Contribute to regular reviews of the delivery of rating changes, capture any learning points and implement recommendations for process improvement.
* Proactively work with key stakeholders (project team, IT community and pricing analysts) in order to deliver accurate and timely pricing changes, small change, defect fixes, projects and price comparison websites data mappings.
* Demonstrate understanding and awareness of how rating interlinks with our platform and business processes. Contribute to the knowledge base of rating and its interlinking processes and ensure this information is readily available to the team.
* Design and build rating change; creating pragmatic and elegant solutions aligned to the business requirements.
What we can offer you
As the number one global insurance brand, and one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for, our reward package is a world-beater. Here's a small selection of our current benefits.
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company's performance
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
* 35 hour working week
* 25 days holiday increasing with service plus bank holidays
* Flexible working
* Interest free season ticket loan scheme
* Share Plan Scheme
* Flexible benefits scheme
* Discount on all products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Who are we looking for?
* Willingness to travel
* Sound critical thinking and logical reasoning.
* Inventive thinker who is flexible, tenacious with problems and who can create workable alternatives.
* Ability to grasp the significance and meaning of a range of technical and complex issues.
* Ability/aptitude to build sophisticated logic within a range of programming software e.g. excel, SQL.
* Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with people at all management levels, both internally and externally.
* Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining reliability and accuracy.
* Advanced Excel skills.
* Able to plan and prioritise own work.