My client, a well known Engineering company based in Andover, is seeking a Finance Analyst to join them on a 2 month contract. This could turn into a longer term opportunity for the right candidate.
You should ideally be immediately available, or on a maximum of 1 week's notice.
Reporting to the Business Unit Finance Director, to provide analytical and project support to the Business Unit finance team across all of its deliverables. This role includes regular Business Unit tasks as well ad hoc analysis, research and presentation of finance data, and works closely with all members of the Business Unit finance team as well as operations, central finance and other functional teams.
- Production of weekly short-term cash flow forecasts across entire Business Unit, including reconciliation to quarterly forecasts and daily reforecasting at key reporting dates
- Monthly analysis of Joint Venture (JV) performance within the Business Unit and ownership of Business Unit specific JV financial models
- Monthly order book analysis for Business Unit, including calculation of key metrics
- Production of pipeline summary reports for Business Unit Business Review packs
- Production of monthly management accounts pack for Business Reviews and Business Unit management teams
- Production of finance slide packs for budget and forecast presentations
- Ad hoc analysis of all aspects of financial data across the Business Unit, including capture, analysis and tracking of procurement, IT and other key spend across contracts and overheads
- Monthly analysis of Business Unit IT recharges from Group, including production of trend analysis and review of nil/low-use items within recharge
- Preparation of reports and presentations on an ad hoc basis.
- Ownership of the Business Unit short term cash flow models, including integrity of all data and timely reporting into the Business Unit Finance Management Team and central finance (treasury) team.
- Ownership of Business Unit pipeline, including liaison with business development and major bids teams in order to ensure integrity, relevance and completeness including timely reporting into the central finance (reporting) team.
- Ownership of financial sections of contract review pack (CRP) production for Business Unit on a monthly basis, including liaison with all contributors to ensure CRPs are fully complete ahead of each review
- Develop and maintain a revised set of financial and non-financial Key Performance Indicators for the Business Unit that will be reported to key stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis as appropriate
- Provide support into the strategic planning process of the Business Unit, including research, financial data capture/analysis and production of summary presentations.
- Provide finance support to Business Unit led bids, providing assistance to larger bid teams and acting as finance lead for smaller bids as appropriate
- Provide financial input and support into new contract implementations
- Provide support to Head(s) of Finance and management accountants in budgeting and forecasting processes, as required
- Assist Head(s) of Finance and management accountants in the preparation and collation of information required for specific purposes, such as customer reviews, pricing negotiations, contract reconciliations and cost certificates
- Assist where required in the implementation of new Group policies, changes in accounting policies where relevant to assigned contracts, and in ensuring adherence to internal controls
- Collate information required for Cabinet Office returns
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Newly qualified in a recognised professional qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards
Key Technical Skills / competencies
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Outlook.
- Experience of Finance IT applications (SAP, Navision, IFS etc.)
Security Criteria to be achieved:
- MOD SC Security clearance.