Senior Project Engineer
Project Lead (Engineering/Design) x2
A successful and rapidly expanding FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation is looking to take on 2 Project Leads to provide professional day to day management of design tasking within the submarine platform.
As the Project Lead you will;
- Manage and oversee multi disciplined groups of Engineers, Designers and Technical leads from within the electrical, mechanical, and constructive sphere. Team size will vary between 13-18 strong and you will have 3 Technical leads, from the respective disciplines, reporting into the position.
- You will be responsible for overseeing and certifying the drawings, as well as checking for quality and ensuring that all drawings are in accordance with the work programmes and respective deadlines.
- As Project Lead, you will identify any areas to up-skill, train and develop your team and know when new SQEP resources are needed. You will put together business cases to ensure the right courses are bid for.
- The role will be responsible for managing budgets and you must be able to attend external meetings with various customers in order to support the Project Manager.
- A good knowledge of Health and Safety is important in this position to ensure the safety of the team at all times, especially when there is a requirement to go on the platform.
Company Information and Proposition
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding team within a successful organisation. You will have training opportunities and potential for career progression and be involved in succession planning.
- Engineering background - Electrical/Mechanical/Constructive (with supporting qualifications)
- Engineering industry - happy to consider a range of engineering industries including oil and gas and Ex Military personnel.
- Design knowledge - candidates will need to read and interpret design drawings confidently
- Budgetary experience
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplined team
- Health and Safety knowledge -ideally IOSH/NEBOSH qualification but not essential
- Team player, inspirational, exceptional leadership qualities
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills.
Hours: 37 hours, Mon-Fri
Security: Must be eligible for SC Clearance
Location: Plymouth - with occasional UK travel
Start Date: ASAP
If you feel like you possess the skills and knowledge of a Project Lead then please apply to this job to discuss how we can accelerate your career.
Call on 01179 309 732 or send your CV