Principal Consultant - Procurement Software
Job Title: Principal Consultant - Strategic Procurement Software Consultancy
Salary: Competitive salary, private health insurance, 25 day's leave per annum and participation in a company bonus plan are offered. The company offers an excellent benefits package, including access to the full range of benefits provided by their parent company.
Work Pattern: 37 hours per week
My client is seeking a highly experienced, forward-thinking, technically focused and client-facing Principal Consultant to join its growing team. The team's headquarters is in Oxfordshire, and their consultants work across the UK including extensively in the South East.
Their teams are dedicated to forming and maintaining long-term relationships with prospective and existing clients. The successful candidate will be comfortable and have proven experience in delivering high-level, software-led consultancy in client environments where large and complex procurements are the strategic priority. Recent examples include support to Crossrail, HS2, UK MOD and the NHS in their supplier selection, evaluation, training, criteria development and value-for-money assessment.
I am seeking exceptional candidates, with skills across the following areas:
· Complex, strategic procurement experience (capital and infrastructure projects)
· Strategic sourcing and evaluation experience/knowledge
· Supplier Selection - best practice, scoring schemes, etc.
· Procurement Law & Best Practice
· Criteria & Requirements Knowledge
Software Implementation, Configuration & Support
· Expert software implementation and support based on detailed product knowledge
· Brand evangelist for our industry-leading software - AWARD®
· Work with Helpdesk and ExpertAssist function to resolve client issues
· Deliver training and support to clients
· Software-led consultancy, backed by deep strategic procurement knowledge
· Communication, clarity and confidence for clients
· Close liaison with sales team to develop business organically
· Focussed on business growth through consultancy selling
· Flexible, proactive, inquisitive and self-motivated
· Intelligent, engaging leader - able to 'bring customers along'
· Commercially aware - offering the best for both clients and the business
Whilst all staff are expected to focus on providing the highest levels of professionalism and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude, the business also have a culture of having fun and place importance on work-life balance.
My client provides specialist procurement software to clients involved in strategic procurement programmes. Their solutions and services span the lifecycle of the procurement process from development of a procurement strategy, through specification of the requirement and design of the scoring mechanism, to the evaluation itself and the subsequent analysis and reporting.
My client is an acknowledged leader in the application of best practice evaluation and procurement techniques for government and private sector clients involved in strategic procurement, as well as in the deployment of the software. We have an enviable client base across a wide spectrum of industries including transport, defence, infrastructure, telecoms, health and education.