We currently have an opportunity for a Bid Manager to join our Design and Build Team working within Defence Systems Technology
An experienced bid manager is required to project manage design and build bids/tenders. It is intended however for this role to be flexible between business winning (bid management) and project delivery (project management). In this way it is conceivable that the successful applicant will be responsible for moving forward with successful bids to the project delivery phase in a project management role. This may be for initial handover periods or may be for entire contract durations depending on a number of factors.
Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, the bid manager will be responsible for
managing design and build bids and/or projects. The role will require engagement with internal and external suppliers as well as senior stakeholders within the organisation. The bid manager will also be expected to interact with external customers from time to time in support of the associated project and business winning functions.
The role will also include providing support to the general management and planning (across business
development and project areas) of sales and organic growth pipeline data, bid timelines and matching resource requirements to meet demands.
The bid manager is responsible for:
- Generation of bid documentation including cost models, risk registers, project plans, project schedules, commercial conditions and cost/price sign-off sheets.
- Generation of quality bid documentation and tenders and have the ability to manage external relations.
- The delivery of the sub-project, project or set of projects to budget, schedule and quality requirements.
- The development and maintenance of sound customer and stakeholder relationships.
- The development of staff to enable them to reach their potential.
The bid manager is expected to:
- Take overall, complete responsibility for the successful delivery of the sub-project, project or set of projects within an agreed budget and schedule.
- Meet customer requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Lead an established team and keep it focussed and motivated on meeting the project objectives.
- Work within a defined project life-cycle and comply with company policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience / Qualifications
Skills and Experience:
- Technical engineering background with experience of design, manufacture and testing of hydraulic and pneumatic mechanical control products would be beneficial, however this is not
- MS Project 2010 I Primavera P6.2 1 or higher user Strong skills with standard MS Office software, particularly Excel.
- An effective leader, strong team player and excellent communicator, keen to drive achievement of milestones and encourage and challenge engineering, supply chain and production teams towards success.
- Driven to win opportunities by producing compelling bids and being able to balance cost effective delivery with winning price.
- Experience in managing the bid approval process through to divisional approval level.