3 days left
- Job Type
We need senior Product Managers to join our growing team in Sheffield to lead multi-disciplinary, agile teams in delivering digital services that meet the needs of users - both prisoners and prison staff. With the overall objective of reducing violence in prisons and increasing rehabilitation. Essential skills and experience
- Strong understanding of the ways of working detailed in the Government Digital Service service manual (gov.uk/service-manual)
- Experience as a product manager in the principles and application of agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and Lean Startup.
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills, tailored to the needs of the audience.
- The ability to passionately pursue a vision and articulate it to a wide audience, from team members to Director General level
- Manage people dynamics effectively when working across departmental and other boundaries.
- The ability to evaluate and solve problems creatively and laterally when needed, using appropriate evidence and data over instinct wherever possible to inform product decisions.
- Experience working with user researchers to discover and understand the needs of users, and to gain a wider perspective of the landscape surrounding activities and policies.
- The ability to identify warning signs quickly and to provide decisive responses to emerging significant delivery challenges.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and communicating a coherent product roadmap and strategy.
- To be positive and resilient; strong empathy with the needs of users, stakeholders and colleagues
- Curiosity and the ability to learn new skills quickly; able and willing to challenge the status quo, and to encourage the team and stakeholders to challenge to you
- Facilitate collaborative and engaging sessions with staff from all levels of seniority.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Having worked to drive through change and/or deliver transactional services in big, complex organisations like the public sector, banking, travel, IT or similar.
- An understanding of complex transactional services and re-engineering or redesigning legacy systems and services.
- A good appreciation for, and ideally practical experience of, service design, user research, UX, design, data and development principles, and how each contribute to the creation of successful products.
- Work experience with some recognised leading organisations in the digital world.
Apply for Product Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly